Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

6 Posted Fri 17 Mar 2017 19.51 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

After living more that half my life with psoriasis, the condition has 99% disappeared from my body. I am a 50 year old man, and six months ago I was covered all over with psoriasis - now I don't really have the condition. This of course is nothing short of a miracle! Anyway I started eating about 10 to 20 blueberries a day, blackberries also are good I believe if you can get them. After about a month my psoriasis was gone, I can hardly believe it. I stumbled upon this treatment by accident, and thank heavens I did. I hope my experience will help fellow sufferers. BTW - ease off on the alcohol, I believe this makes the condition worse. Good luck I hope others will benefit.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 2017 21.36 by Conachuir

I love blueberries, will definitely try this, thank you.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 2017 21.49 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

@Conachuir - good luck, let us know, one month from now how you get on.

Posted Sun 3 Jun 2018 19.00 by DH

My plasic surgeon recommended blueberries 2 weeks prior to a procedure to minimize bruising and promote healing. I three weeks my psoriasis has completely cleared after 20 years! I was eating one cup a day and still can’t believe that it worked!!!

Posted Mon 4 Jun 2018 16.35 by Blossom (edited Thu 21 Jun 2018 00.11 by Blossom)
Istarted with psoriasis 10 months ago.Im on creams and hospital treatment.Sometimes i feel very low,and do,nt want to leave the house.

I'm going to give this a try.I am suffering with P at the moment.Do you know if frozen ones would be just as good. Thank you for the information.

Posted Tue 5 Jun 2018 00.01 by pdr321

Hi, DH, I am really happy to hear that you have also had this miracle. I had hoped that others would also benefit, and you are the first to confirm my theory. I remain clear of psoriasis ever since I started eating them 21 months ago. I have just enjoyed a beach holiday without shame, wonderful. Blossom, I did try frozen blueberries but didn't like the taste. I only ever eat them fresh so I don't know if frozen is as effective. I have read that blueberries are a powerful anti-inflammatory, and so it makes sense to solve an inflammatory condition. Let us know how you get on.

2 Posted Wed 6 Jun 2018 17.17 by Blossom
Istarted with psoriasis 10 months ago.Im on creams and hospital treatment.Sometimes i feel very low,and do,nt want to leave the house.

Hi.Many thanks,I'm off to the supermarket near me tomorrow.Im so happy for you that you are clear from Psoriasis.I went to see my Dermatologist last week and wants to start me on the injections.Tablets not working.So I will definitely be giving Blueberries a try,I like them any way.So thank you for sharing this with us.And fingers crossed you remain clear.So from tomorrow I'm buying blueberries.And thank you for the information.

Posted Thu 7 Jun 2018 21.36 by Cazzy27

I have PPP on the soles of my feet and on Cyclosporin at the moment. I'm just wondering if the blueberries would help me or not. Desperate to try something as having trouble walking at the moment as it's so sore.

Posted Thu 7 Jun 2018 by pdr321

The soles of my feet was about the only place that I didn't have plaque psoriasis. I was also on Cyclosporin for a while. It worked for me for a time but gradually lost its efficacy, then the psoriasis came back worse than ever. I had bad side effects with Cyclosporin as well. Thank heavens that is all behind me. I've no idea whether blueberries work for all variations of psoriasis, I recommend a try, it's easy and natural, you have nothing to lose. Mixing blueberries with other treatments may not yield optimum results, one thing to consider. Good luck.

Posted Fri 8 Jun 2018 07.26 by Cazzy27

Thankyou pdr321. I shall certainly try them. I have to stop the Cyclosporin soon for 2-3 weeks before starting methotrexate so that will give me a break from the meds anyway. It usually flares up over my body when I'm not on anything so that will be a good test. Do you eat the blueberries in one sitting or can they be spread out?

Posted Fri 8 Jun 2018 12.40 by pdr321

Hi Cazzy, I almost ended up on methotrexate, I just couldn't face it, then luckily I discover blueberries and experience the miracle of normal skin. Even now I have to pinch myself that I am clear, I hope this works for you. I started eating Tesco's Berry Medley about 4 times a week, at about 3 to 4 weeks I was clear. I now eat blueberries every day, either with morning cereal, or a Berry Medley at lunchtime. For me it's a small price to pay for clear skin. I probably don't need to eat as many as I do, but I like them anyway. I just had a beach holiday abroad where I only ate blueberries about 4 times in 2 weeks, still clear. To clear your skin initial I recommend that you eat some every day. I hope it works for you. Phil

1 Posted Fri 8 Jun 2018 14.49 by Cazzy27

Hi Phil. Wow that sounds amazing. I have started on the blueberries but as I'm still on meds I'm not sure if they will help but at least they will be in my system for when I come off. I so hope it works and I will give it a good try. It would be so great not to have medication every day and to lead a normal life. It would be life changing and think you and others that it helps are so lucky.

Posted Fri 8 Jun 2018 15.19 by Blossom

Hi pdr321, I've just bought mine today.Im looking forward to some good results before I see my Dermatologist in 4 weeks.So do you recommend eating Blue berries every day.Thankyou

Posted Fri 8 Jun 2018 17.42 by pdr321

Blossom, yes I eat blueberries every day. Cazzy, the Cyclosporin and blueberries mix does concern me. Personally I'd ditch the Cyclosporin, you may get a flare up initially when you do. I think you will only really know if the berries work when your body chemistry returns to normal. I understand how you feel, I've been there and will be crossing my fingers for you. Phil

Posted Fri 8 Jun 2018 17.54 by Cazzy27

Hi Phil. I should be stopping any day now. Just waiting for my appointment date to come through. They said 4-6 weeks and it has been 4 weeks already. I flare up really quickly after stopping the meds and literally can't walk that's why I'm loathed to stop until I have a date so I have something to fall back on if the blueberries don't work. Good luck Blossom. Hope it works for you. Let us know.

Posted Sat 9 Jun 2018 15.48 by DH (edited Sat 9 Jun 2018 15.49 by DH)

It has been 6 weeks and I am still 100% clear for the last 3 after starting the blueberries 6 weeks ago. I eat 1 cup a day, frozen or fresh whatever I can get. My husband has just started so will see how he does. You can spread it out or eat it all at once, it really doesn’t matter. I am thinking of cutting down now for maintenance maybe 3-4 times a week. I encourage you all to try and please let us know. There are blueberry councils that do research on how good blueberries are for you, but I can’t find any research on psoriasis. I am thinking about starting an informal study with people’s initials and their individual results so please keep me posted. It might spur real research on this that can help a lot of people.

Posted Sat 9 Jun 2018 16.14 by Cazzy27

Hi DH. Thanks for that. I know that there are different kinds of Psoriasis so this might only work for some. I have PPP but I will certainly give this a go as it would be amazing if it worked. I will keep you posted.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 11.14 by Chrissie NW

Hi Phil I am amazed at what you have written about Blueberries, Ive had Psoriasis for over 50 yrs I have not gone down the road of the Cancer drugs, but just done it myself, but I am terrible at the moment very sore and very, very red, been to see my Consultant and he recommended drug after drug, blood tests etc I just said no thank you. After reading your article I am going and buying my Blueberries, its absolutely amazing, with me using Steriod Creams most of my life my skin is like tissue paper, so now my hols are spoilt as I burn very easily, so I have to stay out of strong sun. I would like to thank you for all the info and I will certainly come back to the Forum and let you know how I get on, we will be calling you the Blueberry Man. Chrissie

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 11.49 by Cazzy27

Hi Chrissie. May I ask what type of psoriasis you have got?

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 13.45 by Chrissie NW

Hi Cazzy, yes you certainly can, I have Psoriatic Psoriasis, I've had Psoriatic for about 18 months you have the pain of that, together with your skin to take care of, it's the worse and painful one. Thanks for contacting me. Chrissie

To take part, sign in or register with us