Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Mon 23 Jul 2018 00.29 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi Chrissie, Thank you for the feedback and kind words. I am so happy for you, us and others. Hopefully this simple treatment will work for even more people. If only we had known years ago. Still better late than never :-) so nice to wear shorts and a t-shirt right now. Something that was once an impossible dream for me. Phil

Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 13.09 by Itchy1982

Hi All, Rob from Vic, Australia here. Long time sufferer and really need this disease gone. This chat has really motivated me again to eat clean. I’m 3 days into the blueberry campaign. Stopped diavobet steroid cream 3 days ago. So itchy and red at the moment. Even promised to go alcohol free for the next month to see what happens. Keep the updates going as I want to hear if this is working for more people. Regards, Rob

Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 13.34 by Chrissie NW

Hi Rob from Australia, well I'm one of the Blueberry Girls, I've had Psoriasis for over 50yrs, if you look at all the above messages I'm Chrissie from North Wales and you will see that Blueberries taken a cupful or 20 a day been taking them about three or four weeks and I'm clear I didn't have scales more red all over from head to feet I just cannot believe what Blueberries have done it's completely changed my life, we are having a heatwave at the moment and I have work shorts for the first times in about 35 years I cannot that The Blueberry Man ( our Phil)PDR321 for telling us all on the Forum what had happened to him so therefore I call him the Magic Miracle Blueberry Man because I know this has never happened to me when taking all the drugs the Consultants push on you, so try them Rob, may not work for everyone but it's worth a go, so good luck and don't forget to let us know on the Forum. Regards. Chrissie N.W.

Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 13.41 by Itchy1982

Thanks Chrissy. I’ve been reading everything I can find. I love Dr. Axes you tube on psoriasis diet as well as others. I really hope this works! Go the blueberries!! Ps. Would have to be the most delicious medicine I’ve had to take

1 Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 19.24 by Josh73

Hi everyone!, I’m josh I’m currently taking otezla for my P, been off and on the otezla because I’m lazy and missed an apt, hopefully it kicks in, it’s been a month , it’s pretty flared up right now, did some research and found this forum started the blueberry thing today, I’m really itchy still

Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 20.59 by Chrissie NW

Hi Josh, well the drugs are new to me as I've never in 50yrs taken anything orally and I don't intending to start. P. needs to work from the inside out and if you go down the blueberry route you don't taken any drugs prescribe for P. look at your diet and booze does not help the problem. Blueberries has worked for me and Im clear took the 20 Blueberries per day for approx 3-4 weeks and it was a miracle as I was covered from head to feet and for over 50yrs I've had it I will eat Blueberries now everyday. Hope this helps and Josh do them everyday, get your 20 wash them and eat and good luck come back to the Forum and let us know how you have got on, you can still use your Emmolient Cream for the dryness .

Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 22.26 by Josh73

I don’t have any emmolient cream but I have halobetasol for my skin and a clobetasol for my scalp and hydrocortisone for my face, I was gonna continue with the otezla and the blueberrys together

Posted Fri 27 Jul 2018 10.07 by Chrissie NW

Hi Josh, I'm hoping that Phil(PDR321) he is, who I call the Miracle Blueberry Man, Phil is the one who put the Blueberry Route on the Forum and if you look at all the previous messages, Phil always says to do the Blueberries when the person is not on medication as you will not know if it's the drugs or the blueberrries that eventually clear you and with blueberries being expensive I think it's wise to wait till your meds are finished, I hope Phil agrees with me. Emmolient is excellent for the dryness of your skin I have had several different ones, you can get it on prescription it's called Doublebase Gel in a 500grms pump dispenser. Hope this helps oh and my Consultant said your medication Cream/Ointment if put on over the emollient it works better. Best of Luck.

1 Posted Fri 27 Jul 2018 13.41 by Josh73

I get a lot of those clear bumps on my hands that itch really bad, last night was really bad

Posted Wed 1 Aug 2018 13.29 by warren1
widespread psoriasis for 30years

What i see in this discussion is that 20 blueberries for a month is the equation to see if it is working or likely to work. i have widespread psoriasis which can be erythrodermic at times. i have been in hospital 3 times. Had light treatment 5 times. Anyway lets go for it.... 1st Aug 2018 Will repost 1st Sept. God willing

Posted Wed 1 Aug 2018 16.36 by Nick
A sufferer since age 55 looking for a natural remedy

This thread is very interesting and thanks for the valuable information. I have posted previously regarding the use of Turmeric under the following link. https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=456 As a further update regarding success, my elbows are virtually clear and my legs are almost as good as new. I just have two capsules every day and a spoonful of Turmeric powder in some soup. I'm still taking one Vit D tablet each day, even though we've had plenty of sunshine. As said, the best part is that I've not used my Dovobet ointment since the end of January and the awful pain in my elbow joints has disappeared completely. I bought my first punnet of Blueberries yesterday and, following the advice above, will consume 20 each day. Hopefully this will supplement the Turmeric nicely and the bonus for me is that they taste really good. Hearing good news storing contained in threads like this adds endorsement to the message that wonderful natural cures are out there. I believe that us fellow suffers need to explore these and ditch those horrible steroids, which seem to serve only as a short term cure with disastrous skin thinning side effects. I'll post again in a few weeks with an update and hopefully I won't have turned a light shade of blue!!

Posted Thu 2 Aug 2018 09.47 by warren1
widespread psoriasis for 30years

Very interesting Nick. I have had psoriasis since I was 5 , am now 50. You have had it from 55. We are both starting on the same date. Lets see how we get on an compare notes. I had 20 blueberries in porridge this morning. Trust this combination is ok. Warren

Posted Fri 3 Aug 2018 08.02 by Cazzy27

Hi Phil/Chrissie. Well it has now been 3 weeks since I stopped the Cyclosporin and started the blueberries. On a plus note the psoriasis hasn't spread like it would have done normally (without meds) but my feet haven't got a lot better. So not sure whether to go back onto the Cyclosporin or give the blueberries a bit longer. I wish you could see a photo of my feet. They are not a pretty sight at the moment. Carole

Posted Fri 3 Aug 2018 08.06 by Cazzy27

I forgot to say that as mine is PPP the blueberries might not work for this but I can see how they would work for other types as i said before they seemed to have stopped it from spreading. Carole

Posted Fri 3 Aug 2018 12.52 by Liverpool Lass

HI everyone, am new to this site and have found it really informative reading all your posts. compared to a lot of you Ive been really lucky. Although psoriasis is in my family Ive only had one flare up in my early thirties. Im now 59 and having another really bad flare up with it. Reluctant to try steroid creams etc, so was really interested to read about the success people have been having by eating blueberries. Off to buy some this afternoon and will let everyone know how I get on . Also the posts on Turmeric were interesting. Used to take that for joint pain which it was really effective for. Am going to restart taking that as well. Its great that there are sites like this. Was feeling really down about it , till I found this site. Thank you all for sharing your experiences..

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 07.44 by Nick

Re the post from Cazzy, I would mention that natural remedies are not an overnight cure and that it can take some time to get into your system and become effective. I have read other posts on various forums endorsing this. I started taking Turmeric in early February and only saw positive signs at least one month later. Also, it's good for many other conditions, so even if it doesn't zap your particular type of Psoriasis, it will aid joint pain etc. I guess the same could apply to blueberries, so my suggestion would be to persevere and see what happens.

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 10.55 by Chrissie NW

Hi I would just like to say re Tumeric anybody taking Blood Pressure Medication especially Losarten should not take Tumeric as someone could take it for Psoriatic Psoriasis ( like me) and apparently you can be poorly. chrissie N.W.

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 13.37 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Chrissy raises a very good point. If you are on any medication, you should not simply start taking a supplement without first checking if there are any potential conflicts or contra-indications.

Posted Sat 4 Aug 2018 13.55 by Nick

Agree totally with comments above. I am not on any other medication, so did not have to consider adverse impacts. In my Turmeric posts, I did suggest people do their own research into potential benefits.

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 12.25 by IH1987

Hi It's been over 4 weeks for me having blueberries everyday and unfortunately it didn't work for me. Good luck to others who are trying. I am still going to give it couple of more weeks. Good luck

To take part, sign in or register with us