Does anybody have any recommendations?

Posted Sat 25 Mar 2017 12.56 by crb1911

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I'm so happy I've found this site as it makes me feel like I'm not alone. Basically I'm 23 years old and I've suffered with psoriasis for most of my life, it's always come and gone on its own but since I've gotten older and since having my son in November 2015 it has significantly worsened. My scalp is currently causing me a lot of bother, I have tried literally everything the doctor has prescribed and nothing seems to be doing anything for it, I'm actually at the point where I feel like there's no point in going to the doctor about it anymore. At the moment all I'm using on my scalp is Dead Sea Spa Magik shampoo and scalp mud - this is just providing me relief for a short amount of time which is not good enough. My scalp is really inflamed, the redness is going past my hairline onto my forehead which makes it even more embarrassing, you can also see the flaky scales. All over my scalp burns it's just covered in psoriasis, I'm suffering terribly behind my ears, the skin feels broken and it stings a lot. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for me what I could possibly do or a shampoo I could switch too? (I've tried all coal tar shampoos). The psoriasis on my skin is in thick patches in different areas of my body, I have it on my arms, legs, tummy, on breasts, under breasts, back and buttocks. I have also had it on my eyelids before but thankfully that has gone down on its own. As much as I hate having it on my skin, it is more bearable than my scalp, I don't feel it as much. If anybody has any suggestions for something I can put on my skin too, I will be truly grateful! Thank you for reading this, sorry it's a long post! Zoe x

Posted Tue 11 Apr 2017 03.41 by Joxx

Can't believe how similar we are!! I've read so many peoples story's and this is the closest I've seen to mine!! It's horrible having it in your scalp mines in terrible I've lost more than half my hair to it my full scalp is covered along with the same places on my body as you, I can't find anything for my scalp except olive oil, I sleep with it in my hair and then apply shampoo straight onto my scalp the next morning then wash it out ( I usually wash it twice) it makes it really easy for the skin to come off but it's really messy and depressing it's a lot of work and it annoys me knowing it will come back anyway but I didn't do it for months and when I did again I couldn't believe the relief I felt my head felt really light I didn't realise how heavy and tight the skin really goes, the olive oil really clears up my forehead tho, for over a week or so, my scalp does bother me the most and I'm sorry if I've not been much help but I'm still trying to find something more permanent too hope you find something x

To take part, sign in or register with us