Philips Blue Light therapy

Posted Sun 26 Mar 2017 23.48 by Oatcake (edited Sun 26 Mar 2017 23.49 by Oatcake)

Has anyone here tried a Philips 'Blue Light' machine?. I have just ordered one as the reviews seem ok and it comes with a 90 day money back guarantee. I am interested to hear any of your experiences. Thankyou x http://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-pe/dermatology/home-psoriasis-treatment

Posted Wed 29 Mar 2017 23.27 by Ayub

I would be interested in your experience with this.

Posted Sat 6 May 2017 20.43 by Summer

please post a update on the blue light, when you have received it, I am also looking at buying one, only came across it today, so doing some research, Has anyone used home light treatment UVB narrowband. Thanks

Posted Mon 8 May 2017 23.48 by Jackie

Hi, I purchased a uvb unit, had it a week and can see the difference already. I am using it everyday for 30 seconds, going to move up this week to a min, would recommend it.

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 07.38 by Summer

Thanks. Jackie I am ordering my Philips TLO1 uvb unit today Iv tried to do my research and the philips bulb is the one used in hospitals Good luck

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 09.27 by Deano

Hey All, I've done mine the long and hard way and waited on the NHS to provide me with Light Therapy. I have an appointment for 18/05/17 to do the paperwork and a test run with the lights, if I do not react I will be put on treatments 3 times a week and could last more than 6 months. I will certainly do my best to keep you all updated throughout my treatment. One thing to add, if you go the NHS route it helps to be flexible with your time to attend treatments and will depend on the severity of your psoriasis. Basically I am in the most severe bracket and was open to anytime and it's taken 2 1/2 months on the waiting list. To be honest I'm not sure if the Hospitals equipment will differ to the lights you can buy, I'll put the question to my dermatologist. Best of Luck!

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 11.04 by Summer

Hi Deano That's great you are starting your treatment I'm sure you will get excellent results Best wishes

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 20.05 by Jackie

I have had the treatment at the hospital twice, it is very time consuming but it does clear it unfortunately it comes back weeks after you have finished the treatment. Thats why I purchased the unit for my home, I am using it like the hospital every other day,when its clear just going to top it up weekly to keep it at bay, Its the only option for me as they will only give you it a certain amount of time at the hospital. the units are expensive but I am hoping to maintain it myself at home.

Posted Wed 10 May 2017 16.18 by Stoddy

Hi Jackie, I've just asked my hospital what they thought about me getting a Philips subbed. I'm same as you: light treatment works but it comes back quickly when I stop treatment. The doctor said they can't recommend them due to overall skin cancer risk and because the hospital sun beds are serviced regularly. I'm thinking as long as I'm sensible -keep to the 3 min dose 2-3 times a week it would be ok-after all what about people who move to hot countries? However, Does your sunnbed say anything about needing servicing? Is it easy to use and maintain? I really want one! 😄

Posted Wed 10 May 2017 16.39 by Jackie

No it doesn't have any instructions on getting serviced. I got a years guarantee with it. My partner is an electrician & having had a sunbed many years ago I know that the only thing likely to go wrong with it is the starters which only went once in around 6 years & it was only 2 which are easily replaced. The company I got mine from was very helpful & I am sure if that happens can provide them to me. The doctors wont advise you because of the risk but after it clears you should only need to use it maybe once a week to keep it away. the timer doesnt go pas 4 mins, s not a great deal of exposure,but as you I am using it like hospital. The company told me they sell alot of the bed units and have had great results from feedback from customers. I am on my second week and can say its amazing the difference in the thick plaques on my elbows and knees. I would highly recommend it, its been a life saver for me as I was in pain and couldn't bend my arms.

Posted Wed 10 May 2017 17.53 by Summer

Shoddy My dermatologist told me the hospital only uses the Philips uvb narrowband TL01 lamps You will not get brown from this lamp, also the servicing of the machine, the hospitals are used daily for long periods of time, yours will only be used for a fraction of the time, I asked hour much the tubes are to replace and he said £65 each, but they do last 1000 hours, hope this helps

Posted Mon 28 Aug 2017 08.46 by Mattone01

Hi been using mine for the last 3 months, it's okay, seems to slow the Psoriasis down a bit giving your skin time to heal if that makes any sense, it makes my skin brown even though it's not supposed too, but it's supposed to be safe as it's only LED light and not UV

Posted Tue 29 Aug 2017 17.18 by denny
arms legs hands head

Hi could anyone tell me where best to buy a phototherapy unit. as they are so expensive I want to make sure I don't make any mistakes. many thanks

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 08.27 by Jackie

Hi Denny I purchased mine from skin matters in Bristol, but there is another company that does it. There is only the 2 in the UK. I had no problems it was delivered earlier than I expected & I have not looked back. its been amazing

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 08.38 by denny
arms legs hands head

Hi Jackie yes I have seen them advertised as well. thanks for that I am going to get one just need to be sure I get the right unit. thanks for that

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 09.02 by Jackie

I was very indecisive as they are so expensive, I was going for the 5 or 7 uvb tubes, but ended up going for the 9. Mine is totally cleared by using 2 mins every other day. I stopped using it in the nicer weather for about 3 weeks as I wanted to minimize the sun exposure, It did start to come back on my elbows but not nearly as bad as it used to. I highly recommend it.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 09.36 by denny
arms legs hands head

Hi yes I'm thinking of the nine tube as I am suffering really badly and it just gets worse with every year. I've had every cream, lotion and potion. and in my area there are no facilities for light therapy.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 09.44 by Summer

Hi Denny I too bought the 9 tube unit, it was a lot of money, but I have had amazing results, I would recommend, I spoke to both companies the one in Bristol, asked me why I was enquiring about hiring one!! He said it will only come back.. I didn't need him to tell me that, I was just a bit wary, need to be convinced they worked first. So I bought my unit form MBS much better skin Ordered it Sunday evening arrived Tuesday morning, speak to Kevin He was very helpful So happy I got mine Good luck

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 10.31 by denny
arms legs hands head

thanks will do I have seen their web site so will get in touch with them. very kind of you to take the time for help

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 17.57 by xloreleix - 33 from Pinner
Hi im 26 years old and suffered from psoriasis since i was 16. Currently enduring a battle with PPP and about to try acitretin

Hi all! My mum and dad got me the Philips dermhealer and it's amazing 2 weeks and my skins already so much lighter I highly highly recommend it t you all! A great investment trust me!

To take part, sign in or register with us