Guttate Psoriasis

Posted Wed 6 Dec 2017 22.40 by Mal1989 (edited Wed 6 Dec 2017 22.42 by Mal1989)

Hey I got guttate psoriasis for the first time around my 23rd birthday don't know what caused it to be honest it came up all over my body my arms seem to get it the worst luckily it went away completely within 2 - 3 months and it never came back until now 5 and a half years later. I've had it now for about 2 - 3 weeks and is bad as the first flare up really hope it goes away soon gettin depressed over it.

Posted Tue 8 May 2018 01.11 by Fantomas3 (edited Tue 8 May 2018 01.14 by Fantomas3)

I've just had my first guttate psoriasis flare up after strep throat. It's pretty severe so I'm examining my options. This article makes a lot of sense, so I'm going to try supplementing HCL. Also, I'm going to try supplementing more collagen to see if leaky gut is behind it. I will post my results. https://www.psoriasisdietplan.com/2013/02/betaine-hcl-supplements-for-psoriasis-ii-the-best-supplement-for-many-psoriatics/

Posted Fri 11 May 2018 13.02 by Aitch

HI all, My psoriasis started to appear in between my toes about 3 years ago, I am 45 years old now, and my father had it for as long as I can remember, his never cleared up. He was very heavy drinker. Anyway It swiftly climbed up my shins, thighs, torso, ears, elbows and scalp. I became obsessed with the horrid condition, trawling the net for some miracle cure. I dabbled with steroid creams, but I really don't feel comfortable with them. I then went down the line of trying so many things for it, herbal, natural, bought a small Phillips blue TL01 light, dietary changes etc.....But I am now virtually clear. I know maybe this may not work for everyone, but none of what I am currently doing will hurt you either. So I concentrated on trying to make my body more alkaline, I reduced my alcohol & cheese intake, and completely stopped drinking milk, The first thing that enters my body each day is pure celery juice around 16 fl oz. , (just boil a whole celery chopped up and blend, keep it cool in the fridge) lasts for about 3 days. I then have a hot water with fresh lime juice, Lemon does the same. I try to have a serving of natural yoghurt with most of my meals. I also drink at least a litre of water throughout the day. I take 2 starflower oil capsules 1 in morning, 1 at night and 1 vitamin D3 capsule each day. I do use the light if any of the remaining scales look red. However My skin has cleared up amazingly I feel this summer I may go nuts and wear shorts again. I don't know why but I am certain the Celery juice is the biggest helper. I would love to hear that some of you guys try this and it works for you, It took about 5-7 months before I noticed the difference. Best of luck Aitch x

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 18.12 by Fantomas3

Update: after just one week of cutting out all dairy, grains, nuts and nightshades, getting lots of sunlight and using L-glutamine and collagen daily (for leaky gut) my spots are quickly fading and light pink! This is truly amazing. I hope this help somebody else out there.

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 18.41 by HelenJ77

I am on the third batch of guttate within 4 yrs... It was new to me, HOWEVER as a child I suffered with my throat and tonsils and had them removed but still on occasion get the sore throats and I have always struggled withe eczema and psoriasis and have tried all sorts of creams and potions and have seen dermatology and homeopathy many times for it. I would agree some of the best courses of action are light therapy and natural remedies. I am currently using a moisturiser made by "skin solutions" from Holland and Barratt and it seems to be working. It's only a small bottle and it's £13.99 but it's made all skin surrounding the plaques much softer and smoother and they've gone pinker rather than red. It is a very disheartening condition but avoiding certain food and the natural remedies would be my advice rather than steroids or methotrexate (members of my family are on that for osteoarthritis)... Good luck everyone x

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 18.42 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Fantomas3: it is possible that just one of your life-style changes has triggered this improvement - eg getting plenty of sunlight.

Posted Mon 14 May 2018 19.31 by gemmajones

@Twinkles How often were you using dovobet before you stopped it the first time? I'm using it every 3/4 days now but worried if i stop it will come back!

Posted Wed 20 Jun 2018 23.48 by RuthSnow

An experienced GP at my surgery diagnosed a fungal infection i.e. tinea or ringworm. I was treated with Terbinafine cream, then tablets, then Betnovate cream which I was also told to use in my ears for psoriasis. Today, a locum at my surgery said it wasn't tinea on my body but psoriasis and I have Dovonex ointment and another cream not yet started. I'm hoping this works. I will try more exposure to sunlight this summer when I can.

Posted Sat 7 Jul 2018 11.34 by Matt

If anyone has guttate psoriasis get ENSTILAR! Ask your doctor, it worked a treat for me. Had strep throat and got guttate everywhere, face, shoulders, arms, legs, chest, stomach, scalp. Used Enstilar for 2 weeks everywhere except face and it cleared it up. Unfortunately you can't use it on your face so I've been using Elidel and Hydrozole (Elidel at night and Hydrozole morning and halfway through the day) which has taken a lot longer. 6 weeks into the first outbreak and right now only places where it returned a little bit is legs and back. If I see a spot returning I put Enstilar on. Currently on my 2nd day with no visible spots on my face. I am very worried it returns though like it did the first time. Just to note, as soon as I got my first outbreak I stopped drinking alcohol and stopped smoking immediately, cut down on unhealthy foods. Lived on chicken/veg or salad for the last 6 weeks which may have helped. Certainly alcohol and smoking though stop doing it

Posted Fri 3 May 2019 15.28 by MKA

Hi can anyone help me Docs prescribed me with calcipotriol/betamethasone - sandoz I’m weary of using steroid based products and my doctor is aware of that. She said I won’t have a rebound from this! Has anyone used it ? From what I read all steroid based products have had a rebound on a lot of people! I get everyone’s different however I don’t wana take a chance as it’s settled down a lot! Let me know please

To take part, sign in or register with us