What to use in the bath?

Posted Wed 10 May 2017 22.19 by Redshifty69
Had psoriasis for 28 years now. Am desperately fed up!!

Hi everyone, I'm new on here so be gentle. I just wanted any ideas of what to use in the bath that will help my plaque psoriasis. Many thanks.

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 14.41 by RR2691x

Hi, I am currently using oilatum I'm the bath. This helps with the flakey patches but hot water brings out the redness then so not exactly the best. Would also like to know alternative options to try!

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 15.14 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

My doc prescribed Dermol 600 Bath Emollient. I've tried such things before so thought here we go again BUT this one is definitely different to the others I've tried and now I'm on my 2nd 600ml bottle. I use it in a warn (not hot bath) and soak for at least 10mins. One thing that must be done afterwards, is give the bath a good clean or it will be left very slippery. Doc also gave me Dermol Cream for use during the day and it's surprising how much of the flaky patches come off in my hands.

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 18.02 by Redshifty69
Had psoriasis for 28 years now. Am desperately fed up!!

Hi, thanks for your replies. I've tried oilutum and the dermo and neither take the itchiness away sadly. Funnily enough I've been taking anti histamines for my hayfever and the itching has calmed down. I'm due to see the dermatologist on May 18th, I'm hoping to go onto some tablets but I expect they will put me through the light treatment first. Someone told me that ciclosporin tablets cleared their's completely.

To take part, sign in or register with us