Biological Treatments

Posted Wed 7 Jun 2017 16.03 by EQ

Hello. I'm unfortunately not having much luck with two systemic treatments I have tried/currently on and was looking to ask for biological treatment now. Would anyone be able to give any advice and information of what's worked for you and how long it took to get the treatment?

Posted Thu 22 Jun 2017 22.06 by HighLander (edited Thu 22 Jun 2017 22.07 by HighLander)

I'm in the same boat as you, had intractable plaque psoriasis for over 30 years. Closest I ever came to a fix was Ciclosporin, but it made me depressed. I was young, good career, making loads of money, psoriasis free, thinner than I've ever been and had loads of friends - but felt like killing myself. Light used to work well for me, but remissions are getting shorter and shorter to the point that it's simply not worthwhile anymore. Acitretin dampened things down for me a bit, but didn't make it go away. MTX gave me a cough, and the derm says "No". So, now I'm looking at the biologic pathway - specifically Adalimumab. Have been referred for workup, but not actually made a decision yet. Would love to hear from other folks who are on this and hear their experiences.

To take part, sign in or register with us