Advice please regarding hands and feet peeling

Posted Mon 12 Jun 2017 20.44 by priceless

Have P all over and for the first time my hands and feet are peeling. Have just had my first UV session and was wondering what to do about my hands and feet. Will the UV help? Have plenty of steroid creams and was wondering whether they might work. Have only been moisturising so far and also putting vaseline on afterwards.

Posted Wed 14 Jun 2017 10.30 by Metarie1985
Beauty standard ignorer, unapologetic P sufferer for 10 years, determined to stay positive!

I'm 2 weeks into UVB and have P on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet for the first time (as well as on the tops) - my phototherapy nurse said it was unlikely the stand up UVB things would help because of the thickness of the skin and the fact that the strength of the light is lower at the bottom of the tubes...however, in my ward they have a separate unit for hands and feet, so there's a chance they'll pop me on that once my initial course has finished. Don't use *any* lotions or creams while undergoing UVB unless specifically advised by your GP/Derm/Nurse. I've been told to only use a basic moisturiser and even that has to be at least 5 hours before my treatment. A lot of topical things for Psoriasis can make you sensitive to sunlight which just means you're more likely to get burned when you get UVB and that can cause a nasty flare (trust me, that's what I'm battling now ) UVB will make you VERY dry and itchy and you probably won't notice a difference until you're a few weeks in, my nurse said once you're up to around 1min + it should start to improve (but then I'm super pale and started at 15 seconds :-/) Good luck!

To take part, sign in or register with us