Bio oil miracle

Posted Thu 15 Jun 2017 21.49 by Kareno

I have had psoriasis since my teens. I've tried every cream under the sun and also light treatment I started using bio oil on a daily basis. I am now psoriasis free for the first time. Has anyone else tried it?

Posted Thu 15 Jun 2017 22.07 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I found that oil about 3yrs ago and for a while it helped by softening and eventually removing the scaly plaques, but after a few months P free, the horrid P returned again only this time the oil did very little :(

Posted Fri 16 Jun 2017 06.49 by Kareno

I'm sorry to hear that it came back. There must be something in it that worked in the first place. Nothing has worked ever for me. I wonder if it's been tested.

Posted Sat 17 Jun 2017 03.34 by jojo17

I think I've tried everything including bio oil. Nothing has worked over counter.even creams off doctors don't work any more. I've decided to get in sun trouble is finding secluded place to sunbathe.can't face going out in public in summer clothes. ☹

Posted Sat 17 Jun 2017 06.21 by Kareno

It's the first time I've felt safe using something every day I have moles as I am very pale so sun is a no no as I have had a number of family with sun cancer. I've always gone out with my skin on show. With funny comments prepared if I get asked. I live in London and I have had people move away on the tube when skin bad. I use it to my advantage. One women staring at me in rush hour I said it was highly contagious and I got her seat others I've said carpet burns and smiled. My son now has eczema and I don't want him to hide away.

Posted Sat 17 Jun 2017 13.49 by jojo17

I wish I was as brave as you! I've had this since young child and have had awful things said to me over years and it still hurts then its viscous circle cuz the more stressed and upset I get the worse skin gets. I'm covers up today and already the psoriasis on back of neck has been pointed out. Hate this so much.

Posted Wed 21 Jun 2017 15.45 by mc247rainbow

Hi Kareno I am going to give Bio Oil a go. It can't do any harm. Years ago I tried something from Sweden called PharbiPharm. It was based on seseme oil and after a few months of use it cleared my Psoriasis. I can't find it now. has anyone else come across it? Marilyn

Posted Mon 17 Jul 2017 16.46 by Philippa

Hi Kareno how long did it take to clear up? I have been using bio oil on my legs for couple weeks now and seen some improvement but not a great deal.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 2017 17.46 by Kareno

Jojo I'm so sorry you have been made to feel this way I was sometimes called scaby at school it did hurt but people only give you bad attention to make themselves feel better inside or get you attention. Pip and rainbow I'm sorry to hear it isn't working straight away I use it every day as part of my morning routine it has taken a month or two but my legs and elbows are free. Keep persevering it has to be a ritual. For me it is not doing damage like these other precribed creams so no harm to keep trying. As i said i am now free if i forget to do it for a week it starts to come back as soon as I use it again it goes really quickly

Posted Mon 17 Jul 2017 18.39 by Philippa

Thank you for your reply, I will keep it going then. I had got it down to a reasonable level using surgical spirit of all things - as I find it reacts to any bit of dirt and loving my garden as I do earth (and our dog) can be a problem and the spirit kept it clean and dry. I went to my GP to try and get rid of last stubborn bits , GP gave me Betnovate and it was 300 times worse! I will keep on with bio oil as it is only oil/moisturiser that doesn't seem to "feed it".

Posted Mon 17 Jul 2017 19.24 by Kareno

Good luck Betnovate didn't work for me either nor did any of the Pharma ones.

Posted Mon 17 Jul 2017 20.17 by jessanne

k

Posted Wed 26 Jul 2017 12.11 by Jennyeccles

I have suffered a bad outbreak of psoriasis over the last six months and found prescribed ointments did nothing or made scaling, itching and dry skin worse. I started using Bio Oil (and nothing else) a week ago and since then itching and scaling have gone and patches are fading. I can't say it will work for ever but at the moment it is a great relief.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 2017 13.40 by Kareno

That's wonderful Jenny keep me up to date I hope it continues

Posted Wed 26 Jul 2017 15.01 by TomT66

Hi this bio oil where do you get it?

Posted Mon 31 Jul 2017 11.34 by Philippa

Tom I recently found Bio Oil in Primark of all places! at the till and a very reasonable price of £7.40 for 125ml much cheaper than boots

Posted Mon 31 Jul 2017 11.38 by Kareno

I get it from Costco as I am a member but I think primark is a good price

Posted Mon 31 Jul 2017 12.34 by thin-skinned (edited Mon 31 Jul 2017 12.37 by thin-skinned)
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Bio Oil (200ml) is £9.99 delivered from Global Beauty of London http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bio-Oil-for-Scars-Stretch-Marks-Dehydrated-Ageing-Skin-available-all-sizes/152617015704 Globalbeauty 173 Anson Road London NW2 4AS

Posted Fri 11 Aug 2017 18.17 by dubaisanj

I've tried so many oils and creams and the one that works for me is called emulsifying ointment. Available in tubs from larger pharmacies and as it is a generic, it is very cheap. I highly recommend it!

Posted Fri 11 Aug 2017 19.16 by Kareno

I have tried and it didn't work for me but to be honest it could be I didn't use it frequently it felt like something I had to do and with bio oil I guess it felt more like I wanted to use it it and it was more of a pleasurable experience. Oh the psychology of people. I am pleased it is working for you

To take part, sign in or register with us