Bio oil miracle

Posted Sun 13 Aug 2017 21.29 by TomT66

Hi all I got some bio oil recently I'm a bit unsure how to apply it??? Do you bathe in it or apply it directly to the affected areas? Need help!!

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 22.24 by penni.williams

Yes I'd really like to know how you were applying the bio oil also?! because i feel like as soon as i put it on it's just going to rub off again? heeeelllppp

Posted Mon 27 May 2019 14.47 by ashleygregs

hi all im new to the site and suffer with it bad on my legs with the bio oil do you bath in or rub in on to the skin as norhing else seems to work

Posted Mon 27 May 2019 21.59 by Kareno

The sad truth is yes bio worked for for me but at that time I know now I had started working out eating well and stopped drinking since I stop averting together my scabs have returned my elbows my knees there is no cure only living better I'm about to smoke another cigarette and have another glass if wine and maybe tommorrow I will worry about my scabs x

Posted Mon 27 May 2019 23.18 by wendyloish

Hi Kareno, I am so sorry. I can only encourage you to keep trying. Go back to what worked before, as it may help again. My thoughts are that an occasional glass of wine may be OK as my anti-inflammatory diet gives them the green light (FODMAP). About the "eating well" part of the equation, try cutting out gluten, dairy and high fructose (sugar found in corn and a lot of fruits) foods, and eat berries rather than apples, pears and stone fruit. And don't give up on your oil as it has worked for you in combination with lifestyle factors, so there is no reason it will not work again. There are people on the forum, here, who want your advice and experience, so take solace in the fact that you can possibly help them. It is already tomorrow. Perhaps your advice might include the lifestyle things that you did before that made everything work. Good luck. wendyloish

Posted Thu 4 Jul 2019 18.32 by Philippa

Having had a really good winter with my psoriasis - no scabs, no itching (I do have underlying patches where they scabs were) and feeling good I have come to the conclusion for me there are 3 triggers 1. STRESS - Had outbreaks I could definitely link to this 2. HEAT 3. Dust - having building works at moment The recent heat and dust has taken me back a year or so within 48 hours. I have just cooled them (legs) with soak in Dead Sea Salt which haven't had to do for a long time. They are feeling happier. I still use Bio Oil and did during winter but only a very thin layer. Hope this helps

Posted Thu 4 Jul 2019 18.34 by Philippa

PS Not advocating drinking , but I have found no link with my wine consumption and my psoriasis nor any food connections.

Posted Tue 4 Aug 2020 13.39 by Rosiewotsit

I’ve been using the dovonex from the docs mixed with bio oil for 4 weeks. The result is quite amazing I’ve had stubborn patches for years that are now nearly gone. I’ve used dovonex for years with very little success so I’m putting the improvement down to the bio oil. I put it on and wrap myself in cling film to make sure it doesn’t wipe off before it has soaked in.

To take part, sign in or register with us