Enstilar foam

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 21.58 by Scotty

Hi Looking for a little help or advice. I recently was referred to a dermatologists at Bolton Hospital after seeing my GP. The last time I'd been referred was in 2012 in which I was given light treatment after suffering from chronic psoriasis. The treatment worked brilliantly all until the last 12 months. It had returned quite quickly so I went to my GP who reffered me again. Whilst seeing the dermatologist they recommended light treatment again but is a 5 month waiting list. In the meantime they asked what creams/ointments I have/had been using. I always use to get dovobet gel which worked however the application was very long and draining especially when having psoarisis head to toe and trying to apply it twice a day. I explained to my dermatologist that I needed something that is a lot more quicker and suited my hectic lifestyle. I work over 8 hours a day and spend 3 hours as well travelling to and from work. With a girl friend who is over 8 months pregnant I found it difficult and expected it would be even more difficult to find the time for dovobet once our baby has arrived. Baring in mind I've been using dovobet for the last 8 years of not longer. He suggest Enstilar foam spray for 4 weeks and psoriderm cream (the smelly stuff) for 2 weeks. I picked up my pescription and tried it. I can honestly say Enstilar it's the best treatment I've ever had . A lot easier to apply and the results were as good as light treatment to a point that after 4 weeks I was pretty much clear and wouldn't even need light treatment in the end. I took the prescription I got from my dermatologist to my GP's asking for more of enstilar. The receptionist said come back In 48 hours to collect. The next day I receive a Phone call telling me that they won't re-prescribe enstilar and to use the psoriderm. I did as advised but the treatment is not working and my psoriasis is starting to flare up again. Not to mention the fact that it stinks, stains my clothes and cannot seem to rid the stench from me at home and work. I don't understand why they will not re-prescribe it again. I was given no valid explanation other than to use the other cream for 2 weeks as the dermatologist had suggested. The phone call was not even from a doctor. Has anyone else had trouble with trying to get hold of it from their GP. After suffering with psoriasis for 12 years I finally find something that works, suits me and my lifestyle and for once being a sigh of relief only to be told I can't have it. Any help of advice would greatly be appreciated. I'm going to book an appointment to see my doctor this week to question why however I have the feeling that they are going to fob me off.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 22.03 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

There is a supply problem with Enstilar, so that is probably why you ended up with psoriderm. I was told its a manufacturing/supply trouble so fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 2017 22.23 by Scotty

Thank you thin-Skinned. I'm hoping that's the case and it will get sorted soon. I've just seen the other forum "enstilar - not available" And seen the link https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/news/enstilar

Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 21.12 by gingermonkey
For several years...drives me mad but won't bring me down.

There is a manufacturing shortage at the mo, however Alliance who supply pharmacy are no longer stocking enstilar I found out today. No idea why - Alliance supply all over my area (WYorks/SYorks) so i'm worried that no likelihood of getting it, will see in a few weeks when the stock issue resolves. A GP told me last April they were likely to be restricting due to it being expensive and there were alternatives. I disagree. The other enstilar thread has loads of detail about it. Good luck.

Posted Sun 2 Jul 2017 03.24 by Scotty

I went to see my GP who agreed to give me enstilar as a repeat perscription. After seeing the results of it, it meant I didn't really need the light treatment referral the dermatologist from my hospital visit suggested. Problem is now I can't get my hands on it. None of the pharmacies in my area (Bolton) have it in stock and can't order it in due to the manufacturing issue. The only place I may be be able get it is at my Hospitals pharmacy. The place I got enstilar from originally after seeing a dermatologist, however the hospital pharmacy won't let me use a prescription from my GP. Now my psoriasis is starting to break out again and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Posted Sun 2 Jul 2017 18.10 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

You wont find any for dispensing until the manufacturers can get their supply to the drug wholesalers sorted out.

Posted Wed 5 Jul 2017 23.35 by gingermonkey
For several years...drives me mad but won't bring me down.

Please see update I got from LEO re enstilar supply: Thank you for your enquiry regarding Enstilar® (calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate). You requested information regarding the availability of Enstilar in the United Kingdom. LEO Pharma previously advised on 1st June that Enstilar® cutaneous foam would be temporarily unavailable in the UK from the beginning of June 2017 due to an unforeseen technical issue in the manufacturing process. By way of an update on 30th June Enstilar® cutaneous foam supply has now recommenced. However we expect fluctuations in supply to continue whilst stock flow normalises. LEO Pharma will continue working to restore full supply as soon as possible. Our aim is to ensure treatment continuity and availability for patients. We will continue to post updates and further developments on our web site: www.leo-pharma.co.uk We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you. Our aim is to ensure treatment continuity and availability of LEO products for patients. I hope you found this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further help.

Posted Thu 6 Jul 2017 19.09 by Scotty

Yeah I emailed Leo pharma the other day and got the same email back. Asked my pharmacy to order it in just waiting to hear what they say

Posted Thu 6 Jul 2017 21.28 by Pgp
Both of my elbows are covered and now progressing towards the shoulders. My legs below knee are getting small patches I find new ones every

Hi I just got this foam from my local hospital where I was having tl01 treatment. Which was not working on my elbow. So it got stopped. And I was prescribed this enstilliar foam. My 2nd day using.

Posted Sun 9 Jul 2017 15.09 by Scotty

Got enstilar from my pharmacy yesterday so looking like stocks are getting back up to date

Posted Mon 10 Jul 2017 00.12 by Livvyg

Hi everyone, I have just started using this product. Does it clear up the red patches or does it just get rid of the scalying?

Posted Mon 10 Jul 2017 08.49 by Scotty

@Livvyg For me It clears everything. Scaling and red patches relatively quickly. Plus the fact the application of it is really quick and convenient. The only downside I've experienced is that once you stop using ii my psoriasis is prone to come come back sooner than I would like.

Posted Mon 10 Jul 2017 10.13 by Livvyg

Hi Scotty, I have gutatte psoriasis so hopefully it clears it. I have noticed they are starting to go a light pink. I am finding it that on my legs it is harder to get rid of

Posted Tue 1 Aug 2017 08.28 by JMS

Hi, supply of Enstilar is back on. I've used it for a year now and it is the only time I have ever been completely clear of psoriasis. Despite it having the same active ingredients of Dovobet gel and Dovobet ointment it seems to work much better for me and it's not as laborious to put on.

To take part, sign in or register with us