Heel fissures

Posted Sun 25 Jun 2017 11.19 by pthr1985

I have had an incredibly dry and cracked left foot for years, a problem that seems to have coincided with psoriasis. Some of the fissures are very deep and quite painful, not to mention unsightly. However, I've always been curious as to whether it is actually caused by psoriasis. I was wondering if anybody has a similar experience? I moisturise my foot with an incredibly thick emulsifying agent, which helps. However, even if I don't use it for one day, my foot is as dry and cracked as ever.

Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 10.52 by Rich

Hi yes I've had this problem and convinced myself that its P related but I'm now not so sure It's very common to have dry feet and I think that just using vaseline should really help it did for me anyway Good luck!!

Posted Tue 27 Jun 2017 11.22 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I doubt if those feet with dry cracked skin is in any way P related. Without seeing them it is difficult to conclude what the cause is, but from my own experience relating to my feet that suffered dry cracking, I would hazard a guess they could be the same as mine and linked to poor peripheral circulation and thus poorly nourished skin. My doc helped mine with a script for Flexitol foot balm and Dermol Cream. After several weeks of intensive application of the foot balm, I now keep the skin supple with the Dermol Cream and at the first sign of skin hardening I carefully remove it while damp from the bath with a serrated metal foot rasp.

To take part, sign in or register with us