My experience with Zink milk/Vaseline clinic film wraps

Posted Sun 2 Jul 2017 20.14 by bulletinmybeard (edited Sun 2 Jul 2017 20.16 by bulletinmybeard)

Hello, I'm Robin, and this is my first post here. I have been living with Psoriasis Vulgaris since 31 years and can hardly manage it. After I had started with Otezla, my skin had gotten better and better. Two months later it got worse again, and I could literarily see old and new plaques growing bigger. In the meantime, I went on vacation and couldn't take all the salves and cremes with me on the flight; I would have needed. At the third day in Prague, my fever came back, and I still had to survive ten days more until I got back home. I went to a pharmacy and tried to explain what I have and what I need. Lucky me, the pharmacist could speak English and gave me a pot of Vaseline and a tube of Zink milk. He taught me to put a thicker layer of Zink milk on the inflamed parts, wait til the skin could absorb it a bit, wrap the legs with a thin layer of Vaseline and clinic film. I did it exactly as he said and my fever, as well as most of the infected skin parts, weren't that red and warm anymore. Also, my fever was gone. I always used Zink milk when I got sunburned, but I have to admit that I never thought about it to use it when my Psoriasis is that infected. Next time I see my doctor, I'm going to ask for her opinion. I'm not sure if Zink milk is good, but it helped me a lot. Especially when the skin is very itchy, caused by the infection, this will be gone if the skin could cool down. Cheers

To take part, sign in or register with us