Sickness

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2017 15.44 by Lynne

Has any one with Psoriasis experienced bouts of sickness? About Easter time I was put on steroids and was sick around 3 times in a day and then last night I was sick again 3 times after being back on steroids for about 3 weeks, a small dose until next month when I get my biopsy and skin scrape results. Any replies greatly appreciated.

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2017 15.59 by CanadianVal
I am sure that all the drugs I have been on have affected my health in other ways.I also suffer from extreme itch and I am tired of people c

No, I have never heard of this; maybe your sickness is caused by something else. A red frag went up for me when you mentioned steroids as I was on and off them for several years and because of them I have now been diagnosed with osteoporosis. If I had known this at the time I would have never have taken them. I have been told that one fall and I could break a hip, that is how bad my bones have become because of the steroids. I was told at the time that because my dosage was quite low, they would not cause any problems, so I feel quite let down by the medical professionals. So unless you desperately need them stay off steroids. Good luck Val Stonehouse

Posted Sat 22 Jul 2017 20.33 by Lynne

Thank you for the reply Val, I don't normally suffer from sickness bugs but in the past few months I have had several bouts of it so I was just wondering if it was connected, I will mention it to the consultant when I go back. I don't like taking steroids, the first time I was taking six a day in the morning and felt like I was bouncing of the walls at 2 am in the morning, also had terrible mood swings so I was reluctant to take them again but I am on a low dose at the moment so the symptoms aren't quite so bad.

To take part, sign in or register with us