Psoriasis , Uveitis and Hearing Loss

Posted Fri 18 Aug 2017 19.30 by Roland
My wife is suffering from psoriasis and i joined this forum to share and learn from everyone

Hi everyone , . I do not have psoriasis , but my wife does. She has been fighting this since she was 12. We have dating since 17 and we got married when we were 27(last year) . The psoriasis has been pretty aggressive on my wife in the last 2 years. Flares have covered both her legs , but at the start of this year after a UTI infection , my wife has had such an aggressive attack by the psoriasis. Spots have emerged all over her hands arms and abdominal areas. She is also suffering from uveitis due to inflamation from the psoriases in her eyes and this is causing flashes in her eyesight. On top of that , during the last 4 weeks her left ear has had ringing sounds and we did a sound check . The doctor said there is no sign of damage to her ear . But they cant say for sure if its causes by psoriasis. She started taking methothrexate for 4 weeks now and the skin flares have started to thin, from the previous hard and thick flares. I really need some help comforting my wife and giving her the support. We are having sleepless nights and i wish i could just solve her problems. I really love her the most. But i cant seem to help . Im afraid for her eyesight and hearing. Its kind of sending us both on a panic attack. If any of you have had similar issues or know any treatments that have worked please do let me know. Tq so much

Posted Tue 22 Aug 2017 11.46 by xloreleix - 33 from Pinner
Hi im 26 years old and suffered from psoriasis since i was 16. Currently enduring a battle with PPP and about to try acitretin

Hi since i was little i had a diesese called cholostetoma which is due to a build up of skin in my ear amd caused me hearing loss not to major though. And then in my late teens i got psoriasis and my mum is so sure there both linked as it is the exact same thing but the doctors have no clue! Therefore it may geunily be that the skin is building up a bit in the ear causing blockage try not to get water in them as it will dry the skin up more. I have recently been on acrtiertin but hadnt done a hell of a lot so my mum and dad recently got me a light therapy kit called dermhealer from philips and only been using it twice a week its been one week and im already seeing them lighten!

Posted Tue 22 Aug 2017 12.34 by Roland
My wife is suffering from psoriasis and i joined this forum to share and learn from everyone

Thank you leix, the doctor advised us to perform an mri to see if there is anything on the middle or inner part of the ear such as a growth. We are going to get a 2nd opinion before performing the mri. If you dont mind me asking. Are you using the light theraphy kit for flares in other areas or for your ear specifically. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Posted Wed 23 Aug 2017 20.28 by allan m

hi roland sorry to hear of your wifes plight i had some success with juicing ie jason vale,s superjuice me video might find it on youtube it is also available as a book

Posted Thu 24 Aug 2017 01.49 by Roland

Thanks alan will youtube

Posted Thu 24 Aug 2017 10.38 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Ah-ha ..something just rang a bell with me (excuse the pun) as my first encounter with P was at 22 when I was so badly afected I was off work for 9 wks and mostly in/on the bed naked for at least 5 of those. I also was inflicted with moderate hearing loss on L side and also the intrusive L side tinnitus that has been with me ever since. This is the first time I've read of a possible connection. Thanks for the insight and I'll now go and see my GP for yet another referral Good luck to your special lady Roland :thumbup:

Posted Thu 24 Aug 2017 10.43 by Roland (edited Thu 24 Aug 2017 10.46 by Roland)

Thanks ts thats exactly what the doctor said it was , tinnitus. Did your hearing ever recover? Did the sound stop?

To take part, sign in or register with us