UVB treatment, Help!!!

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2017 00.58 by Keeley12334

I've been doing my UVB phototherapy for a couple weeks now and my skin has become unbearably itchy. I've tried allergy tablets and creams that I've be prescribed but nothing is working. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2017 05.03 by Naomi-Jayne

Hi, I'm also having phototherapy & on my second week. my skin has been really itchy & I have found having a warm bath everyday and applying aloe Vera cream has really helped. Hope you find something that works for you : )

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2017 18.50 by Keeley12334

Hey, I've found that the 'Dream cream' from Lush, works wonders on calming down itchy skin. It is kinda pricey but is so worth it. :)

Posted Tue 22 Aug 2017 20.12 by Acoconut

Hi, E45 out of the fridge is good.

Posted Tue 22 Aug 2017 22.09 by IALONDON
I have had psoriasis for the best part of 14 years; it initially started on my elbow and kneecaps and after two years it eventually spread a

I'm expecting to start my UVB treatment from next week and I'm worried about the itching that may happen. I already itch a lot and I'm worried. Please let us know if you find a solution to your itch. On a side note my nurse had me tested to see how I'll react to the UVB on a small patch on my back. She marked the location in permant marker and told me not to wash the section till tomorrow when she'll inspect the patch. Is this normal? I'm gonna have to have a shower tomorrow morning and I'm worried the marking will come off.

Posted Sat 16 Sep 2017 21.52 by Roofire

I've had three courses of UVB over the years, and each time suffered terrible itching roughly 2-3 weeks into the treatment. I found it helpful to moisturise at least twice a day with double base cream. I always viewed it as a good sign, as the following week the itching would stop and my skin would start to show some real improvement.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 2017 15.19 by Mrmosteye1426 (edited Sun 17 Sep 2017 15.20 by Mrmosteye1426)

I had light treatment for about 13 weeks..complete waste if time tbh..i was clear completly for about 2 months...came back..and it made me itchy too...i urge people to try new steroid foam spray Enstilar...i realise its steroid but its clearing my skin so well...ask at your doctors for it

Posted Tue 7 Nov 2017 22.11 by Loulou

I've had 12 sessions of light treatment amazing how good my skin is getting, I feel like I am getting my life back. I itched like mad at 1st but now I bath everyday in cetraban oil & moisture in cetraban 2-3 times a day.

To take part, sign in or register with us