Biological Treatment (Humira) help.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 22.00 by EQ

I've just had my funding come through for Humira injections and it might seem a very silly question but I need to ask. When using the injections, do you still pay for your prescriptions when more injections are needed or is this covered in the NHS funding costs?

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 22.06 by Janw

As it's prescribed by a consultant at the hospital it's covered by NHS. That's what my consultant said as I might be going on it in a few weeks.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 2017 22.19 by EQ

I've been waiting the last 5 weeks for the funding and it finally came through last week so I'm just waiting for a call to arrange someone coming out and showing me how to use the injections but just thought, what happens after the first lot... my dermatologist didn't mention that side of things with the prescriptions!

Posted Mon 4 Sep 2017 14.45 by Jackie

Hi you automatically get a delivery every month you don't have to worry about ordering it, as it's sooo expensive they don't give you tons to stock up with incase obviously you come off it then it's wasted money sat in your fridge! Good luck with it, the injections are easy so don't worry x

Posted Wed 20 Sep 2017 21.41 by Andyvf
Hi I'm Andy.i got shingles aged 10 which led to psoriasis.ive had it ever since and have had almost every treatment availiable.

Agree with Jackie.ive been on it for 4 years now.FANTASTIC treatment.goodluck

To take part, sign in or register with us