Humira

Posted Wed 4 Oct 2017 14.08 by Andrew1
I was diagnosed with the condition in 2007.

Hi everyone Does anyone have any experience with regards to taking Humira ? I have recently started taking it after years of struggling with Methotrexate and Ciclosporin , none of the standard drugs worked so now I am on Biologics. I have been told it can take up to three months for it to start working ??? Is that true ? I know the side effects are very scary but I have been told it is the best drug to take in respect of Biologics. Anyone help me here - does anyone know if it works and if so how long does it take to work - everyone is different I know but I just want to hear it from a fellow sufferer rather than the hospital !!! Andrew.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 2017 22.15 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

I'd be interested to find out the answer to this. Methotrexate and Ciclosporin also didn't work for me. Subsequent UVB phototherapy cleared my psoriasis (which was around 60% from neck to ankles), but it's come back even worse 4 years later. Hoping to discuss biologics with my dermatologist. I hope you start feeling improvements soon, Andrew.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 2017 21.00 by reactor
I have adverse psoriosis (folds) i also have psoriosis of the scalp and ears and behind the ears. Now the torso is affected and it is diffic

I used humira for about 18 months and it seemed to be working very well. It only took about 10 daydone sinces to show signs of working. However, in June I became very ill with pneumonia which came right out of the blue. I was advised to stop using my Humira and have not had any since. My skin has been lovely until very recently and is now flaring up. I am waiting to hear about going on a different biologic.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 2017 22.07 by Roofire

I've been on Humira since July and have to say I’ve been very pleased with the results so far. I started to notice major improvements within 6-8 weeks, based on self administered injections every fortnight. 3 months+ into the treatment and I’m 95% clear which is good enough for me. In terms of side effects, nothing major to report, but it is still early days.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 2018 11.15 by RascalNJazz2

I have been using Humira for four years now, self injecting every two weeks. I have regular check ups and no side effects to report. Psoriasis used to effect all parts of my body really badly but now Its totally cleared my psoriasis. It took about 4-6 weeks to clear. To me, this drug is a miraculous!

Posted Tue 23 Jan 2018 17.11 by Andrew1
I was diagnosed with the condition in 2007.

HUMIRA hasn't worked for me been taking it for 4 months and very little improvement. I am going into Cosentyx which is supposed to be a more up to date drug. Humira is very old fashioned now .....there are other drugs which work so much better now........

Posted Tue 23 Jan 2018 18.11 by Southernbel45
I have had psoriasis for 65 years

Hi, I have been on Humira since february 2011 tha's seven years of being totally psoriasis free after 60 years of having it. It took five days to work and I had tried every treatment available before. Life changing. I have had no side effects at all. I hope you have the same success with it and I wish you well.

To take part, sign in or register with us