Humira

Posted Wed 4 Oct 2017 2.08pm by Andrew1
I was diagnosed with the condition in 2007.

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any experience with regards to taking Humira ?

I have recently started taking it after years of struggling with Methotrexate and Ciclosporin , none of the standard drugs worked so now I am on Biologics.

I have been told it can take up to three months for it to start working ??? Is that true ?

I know the side effects are very scary but I have been told it is the best drug to take in respect of Biologics.

Anyone help me here - does anyone know if it works and if so how long does it take to work - everyone is different I know but I just want to hear it from a fellow sufferer rather than the hospital !!!

Andrew.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 2017 10.15pm by Ivor
32. Covered from neck to ankles (Oct 2017). Very sore and itchy. Due to start biologics in Feb 2018.

I'd be interested to find out the answer to this. Methotrexate and Ciclosporin also didn't work for me. Subsequent UVB phototherapy cleared my psoriasis (which was around 60% from neck to ankles), but it's come back even worse 4 years later. Hoping to discuss biologics with my dermatologist. I hope you start feeling improvements soon, Andrew.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 2017 9pm by reactor
I have adverse psoriosis (folds) i also have psoriosis of the scalp and ears and behind the ears. Now the torso is affected and it is diffic

I used humira for about 18 months and it seemed to be working very well. It only took about 10 daydone sinces to show signs of working. However, in June I became very ill with pneumonia which came right out of the blue. I was advised to stop using my Humira and have not had any since. My skin has been lovely until very recently and is now flaring up. I am waiting to hear about going on a different biologic.

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Registered Charity: 257414 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.