Pustular psoriasis

Posted Sat 21 Oct 2017 17.57 by Chellx2

Does any suffer from pustular psoriasis does it ever clear up completely for long lengths of time. I may lose my job due to this horrible disease, i thought have plaque psoriasis was bad but this is a whole new level on bad.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 2017 01.30 by sandra23

mines has never cleared up and i have had mine for about 10 years.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 2017 17.51 by Chellx2

Thank you for your reply. Are you able to still work as i have to use crutches as i am unable to put my full weight on my feet most of the time which is not good on my hands when i have several blisters on my hands. Im worried about my job as i am clinical in a hospital.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 2017 14.36 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I doubt if your job is on the line as one of my GP's has fairly bad P on both of his hands and of course you should be wearing gloves when touching patients as he does.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 2017 13.59 by Chellx2

Yes of course i wear gloves which is not the problem, the fact i have to put gloves on every five minutes and gel my hands after taking gloves off is the problem with open sores on my hands also not being able to push the computer on wheels from ward to ward with crutches hence being told i may lose my job.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 2017 19.29 by Richysorefoot

Hi all. first time here. I have had pustulr psoriasis since I was young. 40 years or so now.. Mine manifests on the souls of my feet. When it gets really bad I have it on my hands too. I am lucky in as much it comes and goes. I can have a period of time without any symptoms. Then I will get stressed about something and it flares up again for a maybe a year or so. I understand how devastating and how helpless we can feel when this happens to us. The thing that I have found that helps the most is trying to desress and sunlight.

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2017 20.44 by Chellx2

Thank you its nice to know it can disappear for an amount of time like plaque psoriasis, so thats made me feel better, and the fact that ive had no new blister on my hands for 5 days now so hopefully thats a sign its going 😁

To take part, sign in or register with us