Pustular psoriasis??

Posted Fri 27 Oct 2017 15.55 by Lou87

Hi I'm new to the site and just looking for some information. Quick history, I had strep throat just over three weeks ago, within a week of having this pustules started to appear on my hands, then my feet and now I have patches of circular red flaky spots all over my arms, legs, chest, ears, back and stomach, these patches have not started with pustules and range from small dots to about the same size as a £2 coin. When I had the pustules on my hands and feet, it was very painful to walk and use my hands, it was itchy and had a burning sensation. Now the pustules have dried out I'm intensely itchy, my skins peeling off and I still have the burning sensation. I have also had other symptoms like, tiredness, muscle and joint pains and lack of energy! I have been given steroid cream, a moisturiser, a body wash to use, and antihistamines. My GP has said it's pustular psoriasis and has referred me to a dermatologist, I'm still waiting to see a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. I work in a kitchen so have been unable to go to work. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this brought on by an infection and if so is it just a one off thing or is it most likely to affect me for the rest of my life now? If it is to affect me for the rest of my life is there anything I can do to prevent flare ups? The moisturiser I have been given doesn't seem to moisturise, the skin on my hands is very dry, hard and peeling off, is there anything anyone could recommend to help with this? Sorry for the long post but I'm completely new to this and know very little about it! My GP didn't really know much about it either, so I'm hoping the dermatologist will be able to help more! Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

Posted Fri 27 Oct 2017 18.32 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Was that infected throat treated with at least 7 days of antibiotics? If not then it could be anyone's guess as to what you have circulation around your system.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 2017 19.33 by Lou87 (edited Fri 27 Oct 2017 19.35 by Lou87)

Yes the throat infection was treat with 8 penicillin a day for 10 days. The symptoms of the pustular psoriasis started 6/7 days after starting the antibiotics for the infection.

To take part, sign in or register with us