Psoriasis improved after recent flu jab

Posted Mon 30 Oct 2017 16.23 by Grannysu

Hello I'm new to this site. I've had psoriasis since a child and I'm in my sixties now. Mostly had plaques but for the last 18 months really bad guttate psoriasis following a sore throat. ( it was probably a strep throat) but I didn't make the connection at the time. Waiting list was too long to see a dermatologist (6 months ) so have just been using moisturisers and Exorex as prescribed by gp. But to be honest they've not really made any difference. Had the flu jab two weeks ago and the psoriasis is mysteriously disappearing. Really strange as I can only put it down to this. The improvement started a couple of days following the flu jab and it's really fading fast now. Obviously I'm really delighted but wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

Posted Mon 30 Oct 2017 16.39 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

You are lucky as the annual jab usually makes my P slightly worse for a week or so, but its something worth putting up with.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 2017 17.27 by andymiller101979 (edited Mon 30 Oct 2017 17.27 by andymiller101979)

i had both flu and pneumonia jabs 3 weeks ago and dint get either better or worse for me.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 2017 18.42 by Grannysu

Thanks for your comments. Maybe just a coincidence then? Hopefully it'll stay improved.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 2017 23.16 by andymiller101979

i wish you all the best and really do hope it stays clear for you. :)

Posted Tue 6 Nov 2018 21.15 by Fostyuk

Hi I'm jacqui, I too have noticed a remarkable change to my psoriasis since the flu jab, my problem is I only had it because Derm want to put me on Methotrexate, but now after 25+yrs its never looked better, I have to go back to the derm on the 21/11/18, I don't know how much psoriasis I will have left lol. Very strange after all these yrs

Posted Wed 7 Nov 2018 02.12 by Lolaj

Hello, I have just joined the forum and wanted to share that I started taking Tumeric capsules with black pepper for inflammation and all of my skin erruptions have completely cleared. I have had psoriasis for 40 years including the arthritis condition. My arthritis cleared after taking mega doses of fish oil. I have had psoriasis on my scalp, elbows, knees,navel and all of it is gone. Hope others will give it a try.

Posted Wed 7 Nov 2018 14.15 by Fostyuk

I've been thinking maybe our immune system to busy fighting the flu jab to worry about our skin for a little while.

To take part, sign in or register with us