Mycophenolate mofetil

Posted Wed 1 Nov 2017 19.34 by Sue P

Has anyone used/had success or horrendous side effects using the above. Dermatologist is running out of options as nothing is working & suggested trying this. I’m so unsure as last year I tried Acitretin, Cyclospoin & Methotrexate & suffered terrible side effects. I vowed to never to use again. Keen for any views please

Posted Wed 1 Nov 2017 20.21 by TomT66

Hi Sue ive just started my Uva treatment for the second time round it cleared up my psoriasis for a few months the first time, my dermatologist told me we'll see how we go with the light treatment this time but should my psoriasis return we'll give the tablet treatment a go! Something I don't fancy at all keep me informed how your getting on ( if you don't mind) cause ive read all the possible side effects and it frightens the life out of me

Posted Wed 1 Nov 2017 21.07 by Sue P

Thanks Tom, I’m sitting here going through what happened last year & whether it’s worth trying again. Hands & feet no where near as bad but still have a massive impact on my daily life. I have the tabs, f/u apps. booked, I feel I’m being pushed into a box, my nurse understands & has asked me to ring her with my decision. Will keep you posted.

Posted Wed 1 Nov 2017 21.53 by TomT66

Many thanks hopefully it'll be the right decision, keep me posted

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2017 14.33 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

That is an immunosuppressant drug mainly used against transplanted organ rejection, so I would be very cautious about its use against P

To take part, sign in or register with us