Reliable source of Dovobet

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2017 14.46 by tom_m

Hi there, I was wondering where I can reliably get hold of Dovobet (50 mcg/g calcipotriol and 0.5 mg/g betamethasone) when it is prescribed to me? I recently got a new prescription from my GP, specifically for Dovobet. However, when I took the prescription to a pharmacy they said Dovobet was not in stock in anywhere. And when I instead sent my prescription to a mail-order pharmacy service, they sent Dovonex (50 mcg/g calcipotriol). I've tried calcipatrol before and it's nowhere near as effective, if at all. This is all very stressful and not good for my psoriasis. I now need to go back to my GP, get a prescription and hope this time I can get hold of the right medication. All the while using a cream that has little-to-no effect. Any advice on any pharmacies or NHS services where this can be done would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2017 16.09 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

It might be a regional thing because a friend picked up a bottle of Dovobet Gel last week from our local chemist and we are West Sussex Coastal Zone. I do know the cream has been discontinued in favour of the gel

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2017 22.43 by mezlizt

Is this the white triangular bottle with the red label which you cannot get hold of because I really hope not!

Posted Mon 6 Nov 2017 09.46 by tom_m

Thanks for the responses. I was referring to the triangular tube with the red lid that looks like a miniature tube of toothpaste. Just to be extra confusing, on my packaging it says 'ointment' rather than gel or cream. Hopefully it was just a temporary situation with low stock.

Posted Mon 6 Nov 2017 09.55 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Ointment and cream have been discontinued in favour of the gel as a manufacturing policy.

To take part, sign in or register with us