getting worse on methotrexate ??

Posted Fri 24 Nov 2017 20.04 by new to it

hi' started on methotrexate ~5 weeks ago (+ folic acid the day after)/ from week to week the diarrhea and nausea became worse/ so dr gave leucovorin for the day before/ it seems to help with the diarrhea and nausea but the first two days after I take the metho' the pain gets so much worse and |I am very very itchy all over , also , the psoriasis is steadily getting worse with no alleviation at all/ and on the 4th week started getting mouth sores / has any of you experienced this ? does it take longer than 5 weeks to start seeing any improvement ? thanks!

Posted Sat 25 Nov 2017 14.49 by andrea
have had p for too many years

if it were me I would phone dermatologist at the hospital for an appointment asap. Hope something can be sorted.

Posted Sat 25 Nov 2017 21.03 by new to it

thank you , Andrea , i did email the doc/ awaiting the blood tests results before deciding whether to stop or continue/

Posted Sun 26 Nov 2017 08.33 by Sue P

Hi, I was on it last year for about 3 months. My side effects where horrendous & out weighed any benefits.

Posted Sun 26 Nov 2017 08.45 by Jan Garner (edited Sun 26 Nov 2017 08.46 by Jan Garner)

Hi I was started on MTX in 2014 and battled with severe nausea. I am now trying MTX injection form which is better. You could ask to swap to this firm to see if it helps. It will take about8- 12 weeks until you start to feel any benefit. Hope this helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us