Psoriasis?

Posted Wed 29 Nov 2017 16.09 by St26

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum, im 28yr old guy and ive suffered from psoriasis for the last 3/4 years. My gp is a total waste of time, over the first year i went to see him 4/5 times to try different creams/lotions. Basically got told id have to deal with it and find my trigger. Havent bothered going back since. Over the years ive found a decent moisturiser that seems to help the itching. But recently its been "really bad" (not as bad as i think it is, it always seems to look worse in my own mind) I suffer from it over my scalp/hair line, behind my ears, in my ear, on elbows and in my belly button. Im here to talk about my condition, listen to others. I personally really struggle mentally with how it looks to other people, it really does get me down. Thanks S

Posted Fri 1 Dec 2017 06.09 by tamspice

I feel your pain, have it in my scalp that spreads to my face, elbows, & hands (mainly the joints). I have had it over 30yrs now & never had any real help from GP's. They seem incapable of understanding the distress it causes. I have progressed from an odd bit of scratching to almost consent scratching when not distracted to pulling my hair out. All you can do it keep trying to find something that works for you. I would just love to have relief from the itching!

Posted Fri 1 Dec 2017 11.15 by St26

Thanks tamspice, Yeah i dont think anyone truly understands how it makes us feel. I feel im lucky as mine is no where near as bad as some you see on net. But still enough to effect me. Ive found a decent moisturiser but ive suddenly had a massive flair up. But my diet hasnt changed, my stress levels are mostprob lower then they have been in long time. Really does get me down.

Posted Sun 3 Dec 2017 09.57 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

Have you only been using moisturisers, or have you been using any skin treatments to bring the psoriasis itself under control (e.g. steroids, vitamin D analogs)?

Posted Sun 3 Dec 2017 21.03 by St26

Towards the start my doc gave tried a few scalp lotions/shampoos. And an emollient cream for my skin. But other then that my doc just basically told me to live with it and learn what triggers it. Not bothered with doc since. Yesterday i started trying warm lemon water twice a day, ive read its suppose to help. Cant do any harm i suppose.

To take part, sign in or register with us