Home phototherapy

Posted Thu 30 Nov 2017 20.22 by Fruitbat1

Hi all fellow sufferers, I have just bought a uvb lamp, purely because creams etc..... didn’t work and after seeing the dermatologist after many years of not bothering, she said that phototherapy was my only option. I then got told that my local hospital doesn’t do this treatment anymore and so I would have to travel 1 and a half hours there and back to another hospital 3 times a week !!!! I dont think so..................so it cost £525, BUT...............cheaper than my petrol bill !!!! It’s a disgrace that this can happen, but please bare with me and I will come back and let you know how it goes. UVB is brilliant apparently so I have high hopes for it. This lamp has the same bulbs in it that they use in the hospitals too, and I have checked this - its true. I bought this lamp outright, but the company I bought from also do interest free purchases too which is great if money is a bit tight. I will keep you all posted on my treatment as I am starting tonight at 30 seconds per patch (sounds tedious I know) but you cannot be silly or rush this kind of thing. Will report back to you all in 7 days - LOVE TO ALL XXXX

Posted Thu 30 Nov 2017 22.05 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Good luck and please share where you bought the lamp from ... ta muchly.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 22.46 by StevenM1

Hi Everybody, I;ve been looking into this model for a long time now, any body have any experience with it? It seems like the best one for the price and it uses Philips UVB bulbs https://www.carelamps.com/collections/frontpage/products/derma-uvb

To take part, sign in or register with us