Inverse psoriasis nightmare

Posted Wed 13 Dec 2017 05.36 by Sandyb

Hi all, newbie here. I suddenly developed inverse psoriasis 2 years ago following a very traumatic time and it just doesn't quit. The only treatment which, so far, has done any good is trimovate cream which goes out of stock all the time. I am also going through menopause which just makes it worse. Bedtime is like an endurance test. I have night sweats which make me itchy. Anything i put on the plaques is never absorbed so it just makes it wetter and itchier. I dont think i've had decent sleep in months. Any ideas/suggestions?

Posted Thu 14 Dec 2017 14.10 by lindylou

I know exactly how you feel. Although I went through the menopause some years ago I still find I get quite sweaty some nights. My GP prescribed Zeroderm emollient which seems to suit my inverse psoriasis very well. Also some nights before going to bed I take Clarityn antihistamine tablet. I find that this helps to control the itch cycle especially on waking in the morning. My GP also took swabs at my consultation with her and it was discovered I had a high rate of Strep B for which I have had antibiotics - that too could be part of the itch-scratch cycle. I hope this helps.

Posted Sat 16 Dec 2017 22.14 by Oread Therapeutics
We are trying our best to improve lives through science!

Inverse psoriasis can be really really tough. Have you seen your GP? Sometimes zinc oxide can really help soothe the irritation.

To take part, sign in or register with us