Phillips Blue Control

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 11.09 by Meg0106

Hi, I'm new to this site so if this has already been discussed can someone point me in the right direction? I've had psoriasis about 10 years now and i'm going through a flare up. I've been looking into the Phillips Blue Control Light Therapy to use at home. Does anyone have one of these and are the recommended? It looks like it would be good for arms and legs but I have psoriasis quite bad on my back and stomach and it doesn't look like it would help with that? If anyone can help that would be great!! :)

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 15.08 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

That high priced blue light emitter has been discussed here but I cant remember where, so if you want the opinion of others in here then you will have to trawl the threads .. sorry but that's the best I can do.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 15.15 by thin-skinned

Here is one thread I've found and I know others exist:- https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=1387

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 15.29 by Meg0106

Thank you thats great!

Posted Wed 20 Dec 2017 22.44 by StevenM1

Hi Everybody, I;ve been looking into this model for a long time now, any body have any experience with it? It seems like the best one for the price and it uses Philips UVB bulbs https://www.carelamps.com/collections/frontpage/products/derma-uvb

Posted Thu 21 Dec 2017 09.54 by thin-skinned

I've no idea which one that is SM1 because your link does not respond to clicking :shrug:

Posted Thu 21 Dec 2017 10.04 by Meg0106

That one look's better and so does the price! Might have to try it in the new year.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 2017 14.16 by Going Rusty

Hi Meg0106 I have been using the Blue Controll for a little over two years now and I have had good success

Posted Tue 10 Apr 2018 08.58 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Has anyone used a large 7-9 tube phototherapy lamp from MBS Medical? I have a small hand held lamp but its very time consuming although it does help. Was just wondering if anyone has had success and were the company legit ?

Posted Thu 26 Apr 2018 23.22 by souxies

Hi Andrea, I have just ordered the 9 tube unit from mbs medical. They seem very legit but I paid on my credit card just in case! my unit arrives 3/05 so I will update you with my progress. Im praying it works as my guttate p is really awful at the mo and its alot of money to spend.

Posted Fri 27 Apr 2018 14.37 by andrea (edited Fri 27 Apr 2018 14.38 by andrea)
have had p for too many years

Hi Souxies, Im on the verge of ordering a 9 tube unit also. Have been looking at Skin matters Bristol as they sell them also. I haven't found any reviews for them or MBS. Shall I shan't I is my problem now. Are they all they claim to be? I am loosing faith in Methotrexate although I have got on well using it at 17.5 mg but the guttate has returned over my body and i'm of to see derma nurse next week.

Posted Fri 27 Apr 2018 16.33 by souxies

Hi Andrea, I did look at the ones skin matters sell and although they are a little cheaper the tubes were not all uvb, 2 were puva so I opted for mbs. They have been very proffessional on the phone and delivery is only 1 week! they do hire them out at reasonable rates if you want to try first but im not sure what areas they go to as they are in warrington, im in stockport, Also a five week waiting list ☹️ Ive seen one or two threads with people saying they got one from them as thats how I found them. Its so much to spend isnt it! and if it doesnt work! My guttate responds really well to sunlight so im crossing my fingers.

To take part, sign in or register with us