Psoriasis take over

Posted Sat 23 Dec 2017 19.46 by tes
Psoriasis warrior of 20 years. I have three young children. Too many flare ups to count. Body confidence 100%

I've had psoriasis since i was 6, i am now 25 years old with 2 children. I've been on all the lotions and potions you could think of. I've also had light treatment and been on Ciclosporin and methotrexate and the injections. I had my first major flare up when i was 6, second flare up at 18 and now having my third flare up. My second flare up i had plaque psoriasis from head to toe except my face and hands. Now I'm on my third flare up with psoriasis covering every part of my body including my palms and the bottom of my feet. I've got spot like rashes every where, I've caused myself to bleed and also bruise my skin. The dermatologist wouldn't prescribe me any lotions and potions as i will be starting methotrexate on christmas day. Can not wait, i only got my meds as I'm at my lowest and also suffering from post natal depression. If i wasn't already on antidepressants i defiantly would have been put on them. When i had my first child my skin was getting clear apart from having big patches of plaque psoriasis on my arms. I had my second child 11 weeks ago. Two weeks ago i had a bad case of tonsillitis. I was getting my psoriasis slowly back but within 2 weeks max i have hardly any clear skin and trying to handle 2 children at the same time is really getting to me as i want to be able to hold them without feeling pain. As much as i am grateful ill be starting my meds, im not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for reading.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 2017 01.09 by smurfette
hi I'm Lisa I'm 35 I have suffered from psoriasis my whole life

hi I know exactly how you feel I suffer from really bad psoriasis I have it from head to toe before I had my children I only had small patches on my knees and elbows and now I'm smothered I used methotrexate and it didn't work for me I recently had a flare up due to tonsilitis but apparently it's common to have a sore throat then have a flare up there is a connection between the two my dermatologist told me this I have used every cream and ointment available to no avail some of them work for a bit but then they stop I have recently started using dream cream from lush and oaty creamy creme shower creme also from lush and these are amazing the redness has gone down and so has the scaling I would also recommend aveeno for eczema it's a nice thick moisturiser and within 2 days of using it my skin was white not red and inflamed and was barley any scaling you can get that on prescription as well I hope some of this helps you I understand how frustrating and annoying this condition is x

To take part, sign in or register with us