Dovobet Gel

Posted Sat 23 Jul 2022 19.45 by LaughingFlea

Hi Ed, I am using Dovobet gel on my scalp. I apply it before bed time and then wash my hair in the morning, before work. You are supposed to use max 5ml of gel, preferably in 24 hours. I might use it for few days and then stop for two weeks. Dovobet does not seem to cure psoriasis on my scalp, it just clears it a bit. I think that my psioriasis worsened from the begining of 2022. It was almost cured before, but since the begining of this year I cannot clear it with anything. I have a continuous and annoying shedding like dandruff. I wonder if anyone on this Forum asked doctor about effect of vaccinations on psoriasis?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 2022 05.52 by Ed

Hey Laughing, I find that Dovobet clears up my psoriasis on my scalp after two treatments, and then it’s OK for a few days. So in a one week timeframe, I typically apply it before bed on night #1, 2, 5 and 6. Incidentally, I’m not saying the vaccine caused my psoriasis. The way that both my rheumatologist and my dermatologist explained it is that my super strong immune system kept psoriasis dormant my whole life. When I got Covid, my immune system was redeployed to fight the illness, leaving the psoriasis unprotected.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 2022 14.48 by LaughingFlea

Hi Ed, I will keep going with Dovobet gel, but I had to use dandruff shampoo again last time. I go to work and I can only wear light colour tops. Also, I use Dead Sea Mineral Shampoo-conditioner from time to time. Re vaccines, I imagine that already over-reactive immune system will be even on a higher alert. Thank you.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 2022 16.04 by Hnatyshin

I was just prescribed DOVABET GEL from a dermatologist that replaced my original doctor. My appointment was to get a referral to have a ganglion cyst removed from my finger. I asked the doctor to also check my moles and skin for potential skin cancer as I had had a cancerous mole lesion two years ago. He noticed my 2 psoriasis spots on my legs and said he could give me something for it. I have had psoriasis my whole life since 12 and would say I am in the .05 to 1 % affected by the skin disease. He even remarked the same thing. I never really bother with it as it is so minimal. I get one to three spots and then it goes away. Well, in my ignorance I had NO IDEA what would happen next. I started to use the gel and noticed my skin was breaking out more! 4 weeks later I am roughly 85% covered in red spots and scales. My skin is thinning and the spots on my chest are itchy and disfiguring my skin. I called the clinic and they told me to stop using the DOVABET GEL and prescribed another steroid. I have not used it as I am afraid to get even worse. It has now been another 4 weeks and my skin is mottled and dry with sores still popping up. I am so upset! Never had an issue and now this!! I am hoping it subsides at some point. I thought after four weeks it would go back to 1 %. This is my experience to share. Has anyone recovered from this same experience?

Posted Sat 10 Sep 2022 19.49 by Ed

Hnat, I am so, so sorry to hear this. What an awful and alarming turn of events. I started with scabs and scales in 85% of my body and it has taken months of topical medication to finally have it cleared. I would be devastated if I were to go backwards. The topical that I use approx. every other day is a foam called Enstilar. It has been my life saver. It sprays on like a mist and then you rub it in. It absorbs right away like sunscreen so I can apply it after a morning shower and it won’t stain my clothing. My dermatologist swears by it and I agree. Initially, I was applying it daily, and now I can go for three days before the sores start to think about reappearing. Hope this helps. 💕

Posted Sat 10 Sep 2022 20.46 by Sandie

Hi Hnat I’m sorry you are suffering so badly. I had my first psoriasis flare up in November and was shocked and distressed. I used Enstilar for 4 weeks after diagnosis, then a months break, then 4 weeks again with Exorex. Now virtually clear with only using Exorex. Initially given Dovobet and it’s the only one that keeps my scalp PS at bay - no problems with it. I hope you soon find something to help. Sandie

Posted Wed 21 Sep 2022 13.09 by Winter

For youre scalp, id ask for a mixture of enstillar foam spray and Sebizole shower shampoo. Whenever my scalp flares up, using the sebizole shower shampoo in my hair followed by enstillar foam spray after showering works like a charms. Maybe ask your doctor or dermatologist about the above treatment for your scalp

Posted Sun 25 Sep 2022 10.17 by AJ
Hi I’m 60 years young, I’ve had Psoriatic arthritis for 9 years, as you know it change’s your life, after a few drugs that didn’t

Hi everyone, I’ve had a bad flare up on my legs, my doctor has given me Dovonex 30g tubes also made by Leo, twice a day and it does seem to work and stops my itching, hope this will help some of you

Posted Wed 14 Dec 2022 11.48 by GARRYJ

Hi all, new to the site/forum, I have suffered with Psoriasis in one form or another for many years now, firstly on my lower legs, which during hot summer months was always being asked why i am not wearing shorts, well we all know the answer to that! Taken many different creams and ointments as given by the various GPs over the years and Dovobet Gel seemed to be doing the trick on my legs in calming down the red crusty skin there, sadly i have now a flare up on the palms of both my hands, causing dry, flaky and inflamed large red patches of skin, Dovobet was seemingly, not doing much in this area of my body, have now been given Enstilar foam to try by my GP, so hoping it will calm things down a bit! All the Best Garry

To take part, sign in or register with us