psa methotrextate treatment

Posted Mon 1 Jan 2018 19.41 by debs

i have been on methotrextate for 10 months now ,started off with tablets but due to bad side effects i am now on weekly injections .No side effects but still having bad flare ups .Co codomol naproxen and steroid tablets do nothing but now have been prescibed codine at least i can sleep now .Lately though as i have psa in my wrists and feet i have been falling a lot resulting in some nasty bruises .I have lost a few toenails also .Working is a daily struggle as is walking .Anyone else having the falling problems

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2018 12.42 by Kate

I have just been diagnosed, swelling, pain and stiffness right hand and wrist and left thumb! I am waiting to start methotrexate after nurse counselling next week. But wanted to agree with you on the falling thing. It’s good to hear I’m not alone in looking like a young kid coming home from school! I’m seeing my gp on the 5th and I’m hoping for answers from her or the nurse on Tuesday. I’ll let you know if they come up with anything.

Posted Thu 15 Feb 2018 08.10 by new to it

yes, for a long while i would just feel as if i did not have good equillibrium and would tend to fall to the right/ then i was diagnosed with psa and it turned out the right knee is 'finished' , i need a replacement, and falling off to the right or not being able to stand on one foot was probably due to the instability of the knee joint/ now both knees are affected and ankles and hips too ' and i find i have to move around very carefully , no sharp turns or i will fall / that includes even stepping down from the sidewalk to the asphalt....

To take part, sign in or register with us