Cover the body with foodwrap

Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 21.36 by jerryg

I have suffered from Psoriasis for over 30 years. It is getting worse in the recent years. I am using Betaderm cream for my body (back, legs and arms). It does not help much. My doctor advises me to wrap my body with with food wrap after applying the cream. I hesitated at first and tried it recently. It seems really help. My body is very clean now. Does anyone use this method? Thanks

Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 23.39 by Beebee

Absolutely occlusion is a metho of intensifying the steroid cream and can be very effective

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 09.39 by Lizzie

Yes a very long time ago a gp advised - it worked a treat but can be really hot at night but with persistence it really works

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 10.05 by Onnie

I’m so glad other people do this. I’ve had psoriasis for the last 33 years. I started using clingfilm (food wrap) on myself when I was about 12. My dermatologist at the time told me to stop doing it. But I ignored him and carried doing it over the years. It most definitely does work. I also use to cut fingers off rubber gloves and put them over my toes if/when psoriasis broke out under my toenails....I was a very inventive child lol

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 21.56 by Sue P

I use clingfilm every night on my feet. They feel lovely first thing & the effect lasts till mid day which is better than nothing.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 2018 20.43 by mickb
I started to get it about 10 years ago on my head then took over most of my body apart from my face & hands. I have had all sorts of medicin

I have to do this overnight at least twice a week. I've had the dreaded P for nearly 20 years now. I moisturise everyday but as 80% of my body is covered with scales, very thick on my legs knees & elbows. Twice a week I cover myself in a thick greasy tub of something I can't remember the name of that is prescribed for me. The only problem is when I remove the cling film it takes ages to peel the scales off then shower to remove the greasy gel. I've had uv treatment to no avail in the past & also been on methotrexate which did ease it slightly but due to being on it for a lengthy of time I had to take a break from it. I've now been on acitretin for 6 months which has done absolutely no good at all. I have an appointment with my consultant tomorrow so hopefully back on the methotrexate. All in all life's terrible & has been for years due to P. Sorry for my depressing comment but it does make it easier talking to others that are in the same boat as me :(

Posted Mon 15 Jan 2018 23.49 by Judith Nosrati

Hi all 50 yeas ago my dermatologist recommended that I used synalar cream on my arms and legs and wrap my body with plastic bags. I would be wary of cling film

Posted Fri 1 Feb 2019 20.23 by Smitch

Mickb i know you wrote this a year ago but i completely understand your 'depressing' comment, stay strong x

Posted Mon 4 Feb 2019 21.32 by Marie

Hi I used it years ago and I found it helped me

Posted Mon 4 Feb 2019 21.47 by mickb
I started to get it about 10 years ago on my head then took over most of my body apart from my face & hands. I have had all sorts of medicin

Thanks Smitch . I'm now back on the methotrexate & along with wrapping up like a sandwich in cling film once a week I'm keeping it under control. Thanks again

To take part, sign in or register with us