Hi, I’m new!

Posted Wed 31 Jan 2018 23.11 by SLT82

Hi, Just found this group... So a bit about me... I’m a 35 year old female. Average height, build and weight. I had a patch of “dry skin” on my right foot for almost a year. I used to put a banana skin on it and wrap it in cling film which did actually help! For some unknown reason, in October, this “rash” spread up my legs under my armpits, on my hips and inner thighs, bum crack, on my hands and forearms. It was red and itchy. The doc seemed unsure if it was eczema or psoriasis but prescribed me with a steroid cream. It didn’t touch it but it disappeared by itself for a few weeks before rearing its ugly head again just before Christmas. Since then I was told I had cellulitis and was given antibiotics. This didn’t help. I’ve tried several creams and have just been given Daktacort to try. My legs have been so itchy. I put the daktacort on for the first time this evening and it felt like pins were being stuck into my legs. Has anyone had any positive results from daktacort? I’ve managed to stay positive and not let it get to me too much but in all honesty, it’s starting to get to me now. My legs are bright red/purple and they are so itchy. I’m dreading summer! I can’t shave my legs and goodness knows what I’ll wear on my feet!! I know there will be people worse off than me but I just feel like it’s spreading! I’m scared of where I’ll find it next!

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2018 12.06 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Awww, you poor lady .. I hope you get sorted out soon. Dakacort is an antifungal preparation therefore would have not much effect on P if any. Perhaps your doc should consider a combined treatment that deals with both aspects of P. Firstly it would deal with the rapid skin growth that is that main reason for the skin plaques and then treat the plaques at the same time. Dovobet Gel or Ointment is such a treatment and many sufferers find this to be affective. Your doc might not be able to prescribe a branded product but both components of Dovobet are available as generics so there should not be a problem. Calcipotriol and Beclamethasone are the ingredients of Dovobet so please don't be despondent if doc tells you they have to prescribe the generics because both together will be the same as Dovobet treatment ... good luck and please return to let us all know how you get on.

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 20.36 by Val (edited Fri 2 Feb 2018 20.41 by Val)

Hi everyone. I am new to this . Just wanted a little advice. I think I may have psoriatic arthritis. Have had painful micro splits on my finger and red rash that comes and goes on the inside of elbows. Now my back is killing me. They took X-rays. Said I have moderate degenerative disc disease. I think it is ps. Any opinions?

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 07.04 by makayla10

Don’t dread summer! My psoriasis always clears up as soon as I get some sunlight. A lot of people use tanning beds to help with psoriasis and eczema it truly does help!

Posted Tue 4 Sep 2018 02.56 by EmilioCastro

I have had months of eczema on my forearms. It was embarrassing! I tried probably six different creams and nothing worked. I tried foderma serum based on an internet search and within 2 weeks my arms were cleared up! I love it! It truly is "great eczema lotion"! I use it twice a day or whenever I feel that itching starting again. I am very happy with this!

To take part, sign in or register with us