weeping psoriasis on the scalp

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 15.25 by Miss B Dobinson

Hi, I have had psoriasis now for 35 years now, tried all the lotions and potions, have just been taken of humira and am now on stilara. as had a bad flare up body covered and several weeping patchs on my scalp which has coursed a lot of hair loss and balding areas only on my left side of my head only, right side is completely clear!!!!! This have affected my every day life i have been prescribed anti depresents which i think they are helping. I would appreciate if anyone has any advice or has exsperianced any of these conditions?? i have read some of the storys on here and completely understand the turmoil people are going though. look forward to any advice anyone can give me. Kind Regards Bridget

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 16.02 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Hi Briget Maybe try ciclosporin quick results but side affects. Research it Also if your psoriasis is weeping this will need attention as weeping psoriasis may lead to some more serious problems. This is very important you don't want infection .psoriasis doesn't cause infection..but if it weeping it may do You must see a dermatologist asap...are you seeing just your GP or a hospital dermatologist? Tony

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 16.41 by Miss B Dobinson

Thank you for your quick response, I’m currently using cocois ointment and capasal shampoo. Have found it helps but weeping returns😣 I’m seeing a dermatologist nurse who is very good , they have said they can not do any more and have to wait for the stelara injection to kick in! Just wandered if anyone else was having the same symptoms on their head as at the end of my tether having to wear bandanas to cover up the balding! X

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 16.46 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Im sure you tried everything over the last 35 yrs .none of the liquid scalp treatments work I suppose.? .looks like your on top of the situation.. you must have tried everything. Psoriasis is a crazy thing .it affects people's bodies different ways.

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 17.03 by Miss B Dobinson

I have tried so many things over the last 35 years my body is covered in p but my head has been completely clear for over 6 years and never experienced anything like this before I can cope with the balding as I can cover it up with scarfs etc but the weeping is awful!! P has been in my life for so long now it affects your every day living and emotionally. Reading all the story’s in here makes u realise you r not alone, suffering with this is so awful it takes over your life! Thank you again for responding. X

Posted Sun 4 Feb 2018 10.15 by Moongirl

I too have severe scalp psoriasis and have tried a variety of potions etc. Am just, this weekend starting on a different eating regime. Been resourcing books on the subject and have ordered a psoriasis cookbook by Dr. John. Looking inside it online before it arrives, it recommends dairy free and some other stuff. So, am on dairy free and will extend this when the book arrives. Maybe this approach is worth considering when all else fails. Will report back , hopefully with good news.

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2018 11.39 by Evlinaa (edited Tue 6 Feb 2018 11.54 by Evlinaa)

I had severe scalp psoriasis too. and tried 1 million products including doctors prescriptions. I finally ended doing my own research, and it took a month to clear my scalp completely. I can eventually wear black coat and outfits again. my scalp is wholly cleared like 2% is there, but barely you can see them. my scalp has been since made clear it's more than a year now. I am not a doctor, and I am not saying it will work for everyone. but it did for me. First of all, I cut down on sugar and started to drink a lot of berries smoothies with pineapples and coconut milk.(u can skip that but its a healthy option I opted) for the scalp I used -BLACK SEED OIL FROM VATIKA (INDIAN BRAND) so I used this oil for like mon-wed-sat- applied it on my scalp and let it sit there for 1 hour -the more the better-weekend I usually left it for overnight. After that, I washed my hair with Nioxin shampoo and same conditioner no 6-(this shampoo has worked amazingly for me . it's a bit pricey though.), but you can use sulphate free shampoo- And after the conditioner, I towel dried my hair and them applied Diprosalic lotion on my scalp and no rinsing-(prescribed by a doctor) best thing ever for scalp with psoriasis. and I have done this for a month, and it cleared my scalp- I am still doing it but like twice a week now. I will link the products here-https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vatika-Naturals-Black-Enriched-Complete/dp/B00CRIT2UM https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4a/hair-growth-remedies-black-seed-oil hope it works:)

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2018 17.01 by Miss B Dobinson

Thank you so much for sharing this with me evinaa I’ve taken your adavice and have ordered both the black seed oil and the shampoo you mentioned, just reading your story gives me hope when I had none so I want to thank you for taking the time to share, x also looked into changinging my diet and have ordered the book mentioned by moongirl, all worth a try. Thank you both it means so much. I will be posting with the results xx

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2018 18.47 by Moongirl

I wish you well and hope to hear some positive results. I, too have noted the products that Evlinaa mentioned and will try too. We keep striving to be better!

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2018 20.24 by Evlinaa

I really hope you see the results- don't forget diprosalic lotion essential to remove the scale. I have psoriasis for 10 years currently doing UVB light. It's working well so far. I am using epimax to moisture and its going well. Only my scalp is clear. So wish you all the best:))

Posted Sat 10 Feb 2018 20.37 by Flakyguy

I had bad gutta yesterday psoriasis affecting the scalp and was worried about hairless too. My biggest patch was on my bottom. I hit that with enstilar foam and now the scalp psoriasis has gone. But before that I did find that neutrogena t gel was the best thing, it worked very quickly.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 11.28 by jake_70
I've been struggling with psorisis for many years now. I've found some solutions with my reseach which I'll be sharing with you guys

Recently I've ordered "Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp and Body Wash" from Amazon, but haven't received and haven't tried it yet. But if you look at reviews, you'll see that it has helped many people. I've read it in Dr. John Paganos book, so it's from reputable sources. You can check it out. Hope it helps in some way (for me and for you as well)

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 12.27 by Moongirl

Will look at that myself Jake, thanks.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 12.36 by Moongirl

Looked it up Jake and tried to order but it is now prohibited in the UK.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 2018 01.51 by trrock

I had it so bad on my scalp that my hair was falling out and I would never go anywhere because I was scared it would seem through and people would ask me questions. I did so much research because the doctors never knew what to give me so I went to the tanning bed after two weeks I saw it was clearing up a month it was gone and I just went 3 times a week if I would have went every day it would have cleared up faster. Not telling you to go but got me I will continue to go so it does not come back. Plus I get a nice tan++

To take part, sign in or register with us