Work related stress triggered my psoriasis

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 19.36 by SteveC

My triggers were a combination of a campaign of work related stress and bullying and harassment whilst I was going through an employment tribunal fighting for my rights as a disabled employee. I settled my case out of court for my employer not providing reasonable adjustments. This itself was hell. Now, afterwards though, I’ve been diagnosed with this disabiltating condition and I would like to be compensated. Has anyone had similar situations? And if so, did you seek legal advice and gain a successful claim? Thank you for reading

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 19.51 by ClearskinPls (edited Tue 13 Feb 2018 19.53 by ClearskinPls)
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Doubtful unless ex collegues can help you with your horrible bosses actions It maybe better to walk away...stress will feed the psoriasis.....so it a decision for you to make

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 20.00 by SteveC

I have proof that each time the bullying happened I had flare ups. I’m sure it is a personal injury. I understand it’s a complex case but I’m not one to back down. I went through hell and still am so I refuse to give up. Colleagues are behind me every inch

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 20.04 by ClearskinPls

Go to an association that your ex company maybe afilliated to. And inform them of your actions

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 20.10 by ClearskinPls (edited Tue 13 Feb 2018 20.18 by ClearskinPls)

Bullying is an offence. And if its to do with a person's psorriasis illness

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 20.42 by SteveC

Just to update. I am still employed by these individuals. And I will never bow down to the hell they have put me through. I have finally gained a small level of adjustments which have helped me with the original disability which was depression, anxiety and ocd. Now I have won that, I have finally been correctly diagnosed with psoriasis which was triggered by the whole fiasco. At the time of signing my COT 3, I was in no way knowledgable of the correct diagnosis as this was done after the signing of the COT3. I have proof of my employers negligence, ignorance and refusal to help me when I asked for a stress risk assessment. I was also given two sickness warnings and also underwent a capability hearing. I am now going to be on methotrexate for the remainder of my life which is life changing in itself but I also went through hell when I was undiagnosed needing help from my family and partner to do the basics of living . This all due to my employers ignorance and harassment

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 20.48 by ClearskinPls

Can I ask what is a COT 3?

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 21.15 by SteveC

It’s an out of court legal agreement between both parties. It leaves no legal admission of guilt but satisfies both parties. It’s generally beneficial for the complainant on personal levels but saves the employers name in the papers in a negative way

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 21.20 by ClearskinPls

And you can still work there?

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 21.23 by SteveC

Yes. I’ve fought to get where I am now and have achieved so much. I’m a man of principles. I’ve been through the worst. I’m out the other side. I’ve used the law and won. I will never see anyone like me go through what I’ve went through.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 21.27 by ClearskinPls

If you have signed an agreement. Fair enough. Its good your a fighter. We all need jobs, I appreciate that. But the wolves maybe at the door. Maybe think of an exit strategy......and tell them you will go to the press or ombudsman. Or if you can handle the bosses ...carry on

To take part, sign in or register with us