P free for 17 years now back again

Posted Sat 17 Feb 2018 19.13 by Angie

Hi just joined this site. I was first diagnosed with p at age 15 had a really bad time of it it was hospitalised, then again at age 29 and went in hospital again and i diden’t have it for 17 years until the middle of december last year, i think it was down to stress. My doctor gave me steroid cream and after six weeks it cleared up but it is flaring up again , going back to doctor’s to see what they say, any advice please

Posted Sun 18 Feb 2018 16.41 by ZoeZ

Hey, you are pretty lucky anyway! I have beeing having this for 16 years from I was 7 :( I would say drinking more water and having light-taste (I mean, less oil, salt and pepper) diet would help (at least it works for me.). and you can also try phototherapy, my p largely disappeared after a summer 's phototherapy treatment, but when I stopped it, it came back to me gradually , . Anyway, listening to your doctor's advice might be better. (forgive my terrible English lol)

Posted Sun 18 Feb 2018 18.54 by Angie

Thankyou for the advice

Posted Sun 18 Feb 2018 18.58 by Angie

Hi does anyone know a good moisturiser, thanks in advance

Posted Mon 19 Feb 2018 16.00 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

I use baby lotion the pink stufff smells nice and works for me

Posted Mon 19 Feb 2018 21.03 by Angie

Do you use it on your face as well?

Posted Mon 19 Feb 2018 21.09 by ClearskinPls

No im not sure about that....however I may have a go. Fortunately my face is ok Its my arms where the lotion works. There are creams for the face you can be prescribed it worked for my nose

Posted Mon 19 Feb 2018 21.11 by Angie

My doctor told me to apply calciotriol/betamethasone ointment but i do not this would ok as it is a steroid based cream.

Posted Mon 19 Feb 2018 21.16 by ClearskinPls

I use steroid creams but not every day 2 or 3 times a week will still work and gives the body a break but alas after a while just doesn't work so I hardly use them. Also the prescrption face cream can make the psoriasis redder. But I can camouflage it very easily

To take part, sign in or register with us