Calcipotriol/betathasone ointment

Posted Mon 19 Feb 2018 21.08 by Angie

Hi my doctor has put me on this cream for the second time, he said to use it on my face, has anyone used this cream on their face before, thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 2018 15.09 by RubyT

Hey Angie, see that this has no response - and its a month on - how you going? Since starting light therapy I have a bit of P on my chin - I have mixed my dobovet with my cetraben or usual moisturiser to "dilute" the effect - and so far so good - I do about 1:4 meds to cream ratio. good luck

Posted Fri 20 Apr 2018 15.35 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 21 Apr 2018 04.41 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

My Doctor has recently prescribed me Calcipotriol+betamethasone as "Dovobet". He advised me NOT to use this on my face. (you mention betathasone - I am not sure what that is, or if you actually mean betamethasone) . I am 60 years old and just experiencing an outbreak of guttate psoriasis, having had plaque psoriasis all over my body in 1980 when at University. Back then the advice was the same - do NOT use betamethosone (betnovate) on the face. There was a classic thin skin/red face appearance nicknamed "betnovate face" where people had used it on their face regularly. It thins the skin and the redness is from the blood vessels showing through, if I remember correctly. Did you read the Patient Leaflet enclosed with your prescribed ointment? The leaflet with mine has the same advice as 40 years ago - "Avoid use on the face or genitals". I would suggest not to use it on the face unless your GP has a specific reason for advising you to do so. Phone and ask.

To take part, sign in or register with us