What were your early signs of PA?

Posted Mon 29 Oct 2018 19.29 by aceofspades

I have had psoriasis for 30+ years and really noticed PA in the last 10 years. I'm 52 and am stronger than at any other point in my life. I shifted from being a runner to a weight lifter on account my right achilles is always sore. In fact, nearly all my ligament point from shoulder, elbow, wrists are sore most of the time. I often find myself pressing in on these attachment points. And like someone else posted, I can wake up feeling like I'm 80 shuffling my feet. I tend to workout in the afternoon when I feel sufficiently "warmed up." Yes, ibuprofen can be a real help, but that's not a good long-term solution unless you want to stress out your kidneys. Physical therapy resulted in zilch for me. When I was on Humira, it did the best for treating my PA. I'm now on Otezla and it doesn't work as well for my joints. But I'm still in the game! There are some routines I just don't do if a particular joint is inflamed. Just remember, "an object in motion, keeps in motion."

Posted Mon 11 Feb 2019 09.56 by edwards142 (edited Mon 11 Feb 2019 10.00 by edwards142)

I have rendered through this psoriasis issue in my toenail. It irritated me a lot and to cure it I have tried every possible solution I can. Sometime it’s more complicated than it seems. As, it causes several issues like, toenail or fingernail discoloration, cracking or separation from nail bed. I had suffered with this a lot and start surfing for the ways to cure it. but now it's gonna and my nails are completely fine. If you want to grab knowledge on nail psoriasis then you can check this informative link. source: http://www.curetoenailfungus.info/blog/nail-psoriasis-treatment

Posted Mon 11 Feb 2019 12.44 by Scarlett.li

Hi, I'm 27 and suffering from scalp psoriasis for about 4-5 years now. It started off as a small itchy patch in the back of my head, and dermatologists said it was seborreia. It wasn't. I feel they didn't put much thought into that. 2 years ago, give or take, with a greater stress getting into my life, it started to spread to all the back area of my scalp, a lot of scabbing, itchingness and thick plaque. Always checking my shoulders, never wearing dark shirts. Tried many shampoos, ointments...nothing works. Really sucks. Now I also have it in my ear and elbows. Hoping UV therapy will help. About 8 months ago I started to have a pain in my elbow that I ignored, didn't even know that such thing as PsA exists. It got worse and I went to an orthopaedic doctor who said it's a Tennis Elbow and that my options are either physiotherapy or a steroid injection. He was really unpleasant and rude so I went to see another doctor, this time not before reading online about PsA. The second doctor also said it's a Tennis Elbow and there is nothing to do about it. I asked about PsA and he dismissed it saying it wasn't that. The same evening when I got home a pain in my finger started. I waited for a week or two and when it didn't go away I went back to the same doctor. He said it's a "trigger finger" and it's just a coincidence I have 2 joint pains, since "PsA doesn't look like that and does not appear in these joint". When I said my shoulder aches too, he said that that was because of the tennis elbow since I probably avoid from moving my arm. Even when I said I'm not doing that - he insisted it's just an orthopaedic pain and that he sees dozens of patients like me in a week. In the following weeks more joint pain appeared - now it was an elbow, a shoulder, a finger, a hip and a foot. So I went to see another doctor, a well respected orthopaedic doctor. He too said these are all well known orthopaedic pains and that they are all "classic". Classic tennis elbow, classic trigger finger, etc. That PsA doesn't look like this and that I should "stop reading online" This time I insisted and went to see a rheumatologist. It took her few minutes to diagnose me. She did a thorough physical examination and asked many questions. It is PsA. Sadly. I'm a dental student, few months away from graduating and becoming a doctor. Not good news for me. I'm on strong pain killers for about 6 months now. Started taking salazopyrin 4-5 weeks ago. No improvement yet. So to make a long story short - first symptoms were aches in elbow alone for a long time, then finger, shoulder and eventually also hips, lower back and feet.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 2019 20.53 by joe
50%-ish psoriasis coverage, scalp, elbows, shoulders, back, stomach, calves, toes

At 49, I've had widespread psoriasis for coming up to 30yrs and general joint pain in shoulders, elbows, wrists, knuckles, back, knees and ankles for about 20yrs which strangely tends to move around. Pain appears to like going on journeys around my body picking new targets to pick on from time to time. Cheap Ibuprofen has always worked better than any other painkiller for me but I recently decided to stop taking all pain killers and switch to a morning breakfast daily blend of all natural ingredients; the effect this has had on reducing my inflammation has been literally phenomenal so much so that it's forcing me to generally start cleaning up my diet. I know for certain that my pain is directly to related to my diet, I'm finally starting to feel human again and my advice to anyone with psoriasis + joint pain would be think about your diet. I can post details of my magic morning shake here if anyone is interested.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 2019 05.04 by candida

I was hiking 5 years ago, after noticed red line in the middle of both palms, thought I touched something in woods, but it started to open and bleed..No not a stigmata but sure looked like it, bilateral bleeding and then the skin would dry up crack and have small cuts..then i noticed the bottom of feet started to dry very quickly and crack, same as palms then they started to bleed i would have openings half inch to an inch long almost quarter inch deep...feels like i am walking on glass. Been to many dermatologist and nothing has worked, there is one med that would be 1100 my pharmacy states so i wont be trying that I was told by two of the doctors to press the openings together and use super glue to keep them closed. I wear gloves at night, i have cut off the fingers and put any kind of cream on and in the morning my palms look great then they start to crack and bleed in the day, I have to wrap feet with saran wrap and socks at night but same thing happens as the palms. Due to a heart condition the med or injections i have been told is too risky. Oils, coconut etc tend to dry it our more. Recently had a cortizone shot for something else and my psoriasis cleared up for three weeks. It actually started the same time i took Motoprol for my heart and i just realized that my mother, she developed it also in her 70s when she started to take Motoparol, ask Dr said rare but it has been known to trigger psoriasis but i can get off the Beta Blocker due to heart condition, anyone else start once they started to use a beta blocker? I have used almost every solution that has been named in this forum to no avail..and now i knelt on my knee and a bump came up, it is psoriasis and i leaned on my arm by my elbows another little bump which the dr said is also it...just looking for help and answers, thanks for taking the time to read this story you are all probably familiar with.

To take part, sign in or register with us