Psoriasis on eyelids steroids treatment

1 Posted Thu 22 Feb 2018 15.01 by Parisa

I have used mild steroid lotion which was for the face use.Be aware of the dangerious side effects: The most dangerious is if it goes inside your eyes as it may cause glaucoma or cataracts.Your eyes become foggy and you loose your vision gradually. I used my normal steroid cream for my eyelids and it went to my eyes .My eyes burned couple of times i neglected the warning sign .I thought the reason why of a little fog vision is because of using screens.now i'm refered to an eyedoctor.I hope its not late... The second old issue i had with steroid is that it makes the face skin (eyelids in my experience)thinner and it has lifted down,as my right eye now is a little smaller than the other and its not beautiful as the other.I'm hoping a plastic surgery might help i'm not sure..Its a shame these steroid creams still exsit!

Posted Fri 9 Mar 2018 15.52 by Caro B

I do hope your eye problem can be resolved. Both my eyelids and under one are red and scaley as part of the erythrodermic psoriasis I have over 70% of my body. I use coconut oil on my eye lids sealed with Vaseline but even the oil must be used sparingly so it doesn't enter the eye. I am being treated by a dermatologist with Methotrexate for the serious erythrodermic outbreak. My doctor recommended hydrocortisone for my face initially and it thinned my skin so much I hope it recovers.

Posted Mon 26 Nov 2018 09.09 by Parisa

Dear Caro, Thanks for your reply,I have also discovered vitamin D helps psoriasis very much.Taking good amount of Vitamin D ,those Vitamin D oils are just good to be applied to skin. I hope yours relieves soon.xx

Posted Mon 25 Feb 2019 08.34 by mjrbk1

Hello. I have suffered P for a few decades now across my body, but never on my face until it appeared with a vengeance on my eye lids last year. My dermatologist suggested protopic which is really worked wonders. A small amount on eyelids twice a week keeps the P away. It really has saved my face! Good luck in your treatment . Martin

To take part, sign in or register with us