Tea Tree cream- Works for me why not try it?

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 16.59 by badger07

I've had several consultants confirm that I had psoriasis over the last 40 years. It turns out that psoriasis is really just a term for scaly/red skin that could come from a variety of causes. So not a real diagnosis that you can hang your hat on, but, just a description of a symptom the cause of which is unknown. Doctors in the UK work from a list of likely culprits, so you turn up with a headache and you'll be sent home with aspirin, you're cured. If you come back they try a stronger pain killer, if you don't come back your cured and so on. If you want a cure you have to keep coming back and working down that list of possible culprits. Over the years I've worked my way through many of those possible culprits and I'll run through a few later on if you want to try them. Tea Tree Cream, I read some articles on its use in Australia/New Zealand. The Doctors in UK are only trained in pharmaceutical based treatment, in Germany for example and the rest of the world, herbal based treatments are also considered. So I suspected that some bacterial or fungal agent may be responsible for (or aggravating) my flair ups, I initially tried Staphefekt™ which specifically targets Staphylococcus aureus, this reduced treated areas greatly. When I was getting no further improvement I swopped to Tea Tree Cream (you can get from Boots £4,30 a tube) This has both anti fungal and antibiotic properties and has now completely healed areas that have been a problem for 40 years. Give it a try on a small area, if it works for you great, if it doesn't you lost under a fiver. Treatments that helped along the way Grab every bit of sunshine that you can it really helps take Vitamin D tablets, no one in the UK gets enough Vitamin D it really helps. Don't wear Jeans or other heavy warm clothing, warmth and sweat seem to really aggravate Psoriasis. Wear the lightest weight clothes possible Just use a sheet as bed cover in summer and a light weight quilt in Winter heat aggravates Psoriasis. Narrow band lamps really work, buy them if you can afford it. Don't forget a hospital UV course, if you can get one, will cost you the best part of a complete day for each treatment session of just a few minutes. If you earn commission or are paid at half pay for sickness it doesn't take long to justify the cost. (Don't forget Bank of Mum and Dad, they will want to help). Dovobet ointment (for body) and Dovobet gel (for hair) both help calm symptoms but they will not get rid of Psoriasis

Posted Wed 7 Mar 2018 14.24 by Blossom
Istarted with psoriasis 10 months ago.Im on creams and hospital treatment.Sometimes i feel very low,and do,nt want to leave the house.

Hi ,After reading what you put on here about Boots Tea Tree cream,I went and bought some.Im impressed in a couple of days.Ive only used it on a small area which seemed to be calming down.So Thankyou for sharing with us.We don,t expect a miracle cure ,but it's certainly worth a try.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 23.22 by Liz

Thanks for sharing the tea tree tip. I have seen a good improvement in my PPP

To take part, sign in or register with us