Strep throat after tonsillectomy

Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 08.33 by Cjc123

Hi all, I am a 20 year old female and I have had guttate psoriasis on and off since I was 13. I used to get a strep throat infection and within two weeks I would be covered head to toe. I had light treatment and after about 4 months my P would start to clear up and I would be P free for about 2 years until next strep throat infection. Doctors decided to remove my tonsils 2 years ago and I have been clear since. Today I’ve woken up with a really bad sore throat, and signs of a strep infection. Has anyone had experience with strep throat after tonsillectomy and how has this effected your psoriasis? Thanks!

Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018 06.22 by pthr1985

Hi, Yes, unfortunately I discovered you can still get strep throat after a tonsillectomy 7 years after I had my tonsils removed. I also experienced a flare in my psoriasis, albeit significantly milder than when I had my tonsils. I had a round of UVB phototherapy, which mostly cleared it up.

Posted Fri 18 Mar 2022 04.26 by hunter00004 (edited Fri 18 Mar 2022 04.27 by hunter00004)

Strep throat is a throat problem that causes inflammation and sore feeling in your throat. It is caused by Streptococcus bacteria, therefore it is a bacterial infection. It spread to a healthy person through small respiratory droplets of an infected person. People of any age can get Strep throat but it is more common in children. Strep throat leads to sore throats which make you uncomfortable while eating or drinking. If strep throat remains untreated for a long time it can cause throat infection as well as other complications like kidney problems. Strep throat infection spreads from one person to another by sharing utensils, toothbrushes, coughing, and close contact with an infected person. for more information visit our site: https://www.knowtablet.com/strep-throat/

Posted Tue 16 Aug 2022 18.48 by Jam956

My son received phototherapy years ago and was brilliant he recently had covid and last week streptococcus his body is now covered called Dr and will be referred once more, I called hospital and there us long waiting list . We live near Glasgow has anyone bought a uvb sunbed in our surrounding area? Can't bear to watch him go thru this once more it's seriously affecting his mental health

To take part, sign in or register with us