my hands

Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 19.32 by angie

Hi i have only joined here today.i have had psoriadis on my hands for about 6mths now.im on my second course of steroid cream.first lot burnt my hands and the one im on now isnt really helping.my left hand is very badly cracked and really painful and very stiff.any advice would be great

Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 19.44 by She’s got perfect skin

So sorry you’re suffering Angie. My first forum day too! Hands are so on show aren’t they? My finger nails lift and are bumpy. Yuk. I try slather on sudocrem, unguentum merk, if I have any- got to be the heavy weight of moisturiser or anything really with cotton gloves over night. Soothing, not a fix. I get the gloves in the £ shop! Hope you get some relief soon. Annmarie

Posted Tue 27 Mar 2018 13.12 by MrsXXV
Recently diagnosed after long, painful journey

Hi Angie. I'm fairly new to the forum, too. I have Psoriasis on my hands and feet so understand the pain and self consciousness. I tried everything I could think of, but wasn't aware at the time that my problem was Psoriasis. Once it was diagnosed, I was prescribed an ointment containing Betamethasone and Salicylic Acid. I was also prescribed Cetraben, though I think this has to be bought over the counter now. I got an extra bottle on Amazon. It's all working well on my hands, though my feet are needing a bit more help. I've suffered for more than 2 years so, to see an improvement, is wonderful. Best of luck in finding something that works well for you.

Posted Tue 3 Apr 2018 10.28 by GaryJ

Hi Angie, I have had psoriasis for 10 years and last year had a bad flare up -hands, nails, feet and rest of body. Still suffering however recently gone on biologic injections and within 4 weeks have seen a massive improvement. Hope the steroid creams work for you - keep plenty of moisturiser on - its so painful!!!!

Posted Wed 4 Apr 2018 09.52 by chloe

Hi - my dad had the same problem (he even had to stop working) he then started with a handheld UVB Unit (can I mention which one?) you will find on the website for 149,00 Pound. He stoped with all creams and used only the light. I can provide pictures so you can see the fantastic results. No itching, no blood anymore - skin smooth now.

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 02.49 by Sueh72
Hello! I was diagnosed today with ppp.

Hello! Today was diagnosed with palmoplantar pustulosis ,the Dr wants to start me on a infusion called strleta. ( not sure if spelled that correct) but was wondering if anyone else has been on this ,if so did it help and if so we're side effects bad ?

To take part, sign in or register with us