Effective Home Remedy for Genital Psoriasis

Posted Tue 27 Mar 2018 21.22 by futureradioligist

Hello everyone! I'm a new member here, and I wanted to join a psoriasis-centered discussion forum, to share with everyone my trick to getting my skin looking like normal. Please remember that you should always see a doctor to see what works for you individually; this remedy should only be used during times you are unable to see a dermatologist. I have P in my genital area and in my bellybutton, but for me, this remedy seems to work more effectively for the private parts, and not so much the bellybutton. Before you try this for yourself, you should only test a small portion of the affected area before you go all out - everyone's different so be cautious. However, I only use 2 products for this remedy and they are totally safe. The first product I use, is "100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil". I lather a bit of that onto the affected area, and then I immediately follow that up with another lathering of the second product I use, which is "Cortizone-10: Intensive Healing Formula". A little goes a long way, you shouldn't need to put that much of each product, although it doesn't hurt. Moisturizing the affected area twice a day seems to work fine for me, my skin looks pretty normal compared to other "d.i.y." methods I've tried. The more the merrier though. This seems to work with no additional changes to my diet (pretty normal diet w/ occasional alcohol on the weekends), although I'm pretty sure diet change will help significantly more when coupled with this little remedy. One more thing I'd advise, is try to keep stress down as much as possible, however you see fit - it really does make a difference. Please let me know if this was helpful in clearing up your skin, it sure helped me. Here are the exact products I use: https://www.amazon.com/SheaMoisture-100-Extra-Virgin-Coconut/dp/B00ZED1G4C/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1522181635&sr=8-9&keywords=extra%2Bvirgin%2Bcoconut%2Boil&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Cortizone-10-Intensive-Healing-Formula-Ounce-Boxed/dp/B00GMP4QNO/ref=sr_1_cc_5_a_it?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1522181976&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=cortizone+10

Posted Sun 1 Apr 2018 14.00 by Helly

Thanks for the info on this will give it a try, finding it impossible to use Strong steroid creams anymore as they burn & peel hadn’t thought of using Coconut Oil first

Posted Mon 2 Apr 2018 17.42 by futureradioligist

Helly, you're welcome. Let me know how it works out. Both of these products are pretty gentle, they reduce redness and prevent scaling for me, I pray it does the same for you.

Posted Wed 4 Apr 2018 00.20 by Nahte

Thank you for your post! I currently am suffering from a bad flare up in my psoriasis and have no insurance coverage to get treatment. I am going to give this a try and will keep you updated with my results.

Posted Wed 4 Apr 2018 02.10 by futureradioligist

Nahte, no problem. Ouch! Flare ups suck! I remember getting a flare up when I tried using a coal tar product down there. Very unpleasant. I'm praying you find the relief you seek with this approach. Let me know how it works for you.

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 17.02 by Venus143

Hi, is the other cream diprobase?

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 18.19 by Helly

futureradioligist Thanks for help working much better now seems that diluting Steroid first with Coconut Oil is the way forward for me phew

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 18.30 by futureradioligist

Yes! Helly, I'm glad this worked for you! Venus143, no it's not diprobase. Cortizone-10 is a hydrocortisone cream that has moisturizing anti-itch properties meant for eczema and psoriasis. I'm pretty sure you can use that instead of the cortizone though. As you can see for Helly, this worked with her steroid cream.

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 20.58 by Venus143

It's just when I type cortizone 10 into my Amazon it comes up with that. :-/

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 21.02 by futureradioligist

Try typing:" cortizone-10 intensive healing", or try the last link I provided in my post

Posted Fri 1 Mar 2024 07.41 by Riyan17

For genital psoriasis relief, try a soothing oatmeal bath. Grind oatmeal into a fine powder and add it to warm bathwater. https://storysaver.page/ Soak in the bath for 15-20 minutes to calm inflammation and itchiness. Afterward, gently pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer to lock in hydration. Remember to consult with a dermatologist for personalized advice and treatment options.

To take part, sign in or register with us