Facial psoriasis

Posted Sun 24 Nov 2013 20.09 by Sweetcorn
Guttate on face, and in groin since 17.

So for background: I have had severe guttate psoriasis all over my body on and off since I was a teenager and have recently had a flare up. I can just about cope with not sleeping and not being able to have sex but the red scaly patches on my face make me increasingly self conscious when I go out and people have started to make comments. Topical steroids don't touch it, I've tried all sorts over the years, and my GP tells me it's a waste of my money. The last couple of flare ups responded well with phototherapy but getting a dermatologist appointment on the NHS, well, I can't wait that long. I feel like I can't go out, obviously that's irrational, but it's seriously prohibitive. I also have a job interview in a few days, and the way I look is totally stressing me out! If anyone has any suggestions for makeup to cover it that'd be great. When it's calm, the skin on my face is pretty clear, so I'm not really a makeup person normally. Thank you so much in advance.

Posted Wed 4 Dec 2013 13.26 by saintsfan

Sorry to hear you're having a rotten time with your skin. I've tried years of different make up products and found cream foundation finished with a loose powder actually makes flaking more pronounced. Somehow cream seems to get under the scale and show it up even more! Counter intuitively best foundation I've found recently is baked. It looks like a powder and is applied with a brush but was originally a cream. Gives a really natural coverage - you don't look as if you're wearing foundation. Don't know if someone like Body Shop would sell one. I get mine off internet from US make up company Laura Geller on QVC site. (They have added benefit you can try product and if don't like it can return it within 30 days, even make up, which is great. And no, I don't work for them!) First, though, I've found applying a hydrating primer really helps before applying foundation. Helps keep skin nourished. Oddly I've found my psoriasis looks calmer after a day wearing hydrating primer and baked foundation. Hope you find something that helps. Know it's a pain when people stare - staring back usually does the trick!

Posted Sun 21 Dec 2014 16.53 by 47psoyrs
I never wear dresses. It's jeans or slacks to church & every where else. I don't mind cause it's more comfortable & I've never been a "fancy

I also have facial pso & stopped using eye shadow years ago. (I'm 67) & that helped. I've never used a lot of makeup & decided that it would trigger the pso more. I've been going makeup-free for 20 or more yrs. but if you're young, that may not seem like an option. I use a light lipstick & a little blush & that's it. Maybe it will work for you. Hope you have blessing & a merry Christmas. :)

Posted Mon 22 Jun 2015 10.35 by gilligan
40 years

I have had psoriasis 40 years , it comes and goes but recently it broke out all on my face and chest and hands. I read a tip to try nappy rash cream. I had some Sudocrem and it instantly makes the psoriasis look calmer. I have been using it on 3 nights now and Aveeno in day and it is going. Please try

Posted Tue 1 Dec 2015 11.47 by callagg
flames up from time to time.

There are facial <a href="http://www.roscara.com">psoriasis cream</a> out there like roscara I like. They are based on wild Irish seaweed and seem to work for some people.

To take part, sign in or register with us