Psoriasis of the scalp

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 05.22 by Sweetpea1986

Hi am new to this forum I’ve suffered with psoriasis since I was 16 I’ve had several different treatment but recently my psoriasis have got bad I’ve had to shave my hair off cause my doctors wouldn’t help me my scalp is covered not sure what treatment would help what food to take if anyone have suggestions that would be great thanks

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 22.00 by jojo17

Your so brave and you look beautiful. I believe its a lot to do with stress and emotions. Keep on being strong and positive thinking really does work.x

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 22.14 by Sweetpea1986

Thank you since ive shaved my hair I feel more happy and the psoriasis seen to be calming down

Posted Wed 11 Apr 2018 12.18 by Metarie1985
Beauty standard ignorer, unapologetic P sufferer for 10 years, determined to stay positive!

Hi Sweetpea! The only thing that clears my scalp is Cocois or Sebco ointment. They're the same thing, just different brand names. It's a smelly, greasy coconut oil compound that you slather on and leave for a while (it says an hour but I usually leave for 4+ or overnight if I have time to wash it out in the morning). As you have a shaved head it should be a lot easier to get rid of this stuff - I have to wash my shoulder length hair 4 or 5 times to get it all out. BUT it lifts the scales so easily and which will leave your skin looking red and sore, but I swear it'll be a lot more comfortable and not as tight and flakey. Once you remove the scales, try a steroid cream or fluid from the doctors. The scale free skin should react to treatments a lot faster. You might need to use this combo for a month or so but it does work for me. I wish I had the option of shaving my head, it is the one thing I haven't tried but I just can't do it! Good luck!

To take part, sign in or register with us