Nightshades

Posted Sat 14 Apr 2018 10.38 by Mandy2373

Morning.....I'm new to this group today. Had p since I was 28 and am now 55. Wanted to know if you all think the deadly nightshades actually do affect us or is it just a bit of a myth. I just love my potatoes and wondered if people have experience of cutting them out and does it help....... Thank you x

Posted Sat 14 Apr 2018 11.13 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Its the glycoalkaloids you should be wary of but as they are strongest in the flowers, leaves and not forgetting unripe fruits which is why the versatile spud must always be cooked. Also we must be aware that the spud is high GI so should be eaten with caution by diabetics unless they want a spike. To my mind unless there are known allergies then eating from the nightshade family would not be harmful. . . I love a roasted bell pepper cooked in beef dripping and my spuds cooked the same :thumbup:

Posted Thu 19 Apr 2018 14.25 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

I found trying as much as possible to avoid processed food, not always easy...depending on budget. But just like these posh diets 1 or 2 days eating what you you feel like then a gap then onto as unprocessed that you can do. Cheese and dairy for me is definitely not good, buts that's me. Psoriasis won't go but itching and inflammation will.

To take part, sign in or register with us