Life with psoriasis

Posted Tue 17 Apr 2018 17.30 by Suraj5130 (edited Tue 17 Apr 2018 17.33 by Suraj5130)

hi. I am suraj from Bangalore India. Im suffering from psoriasis from past 10 years. I have taken lotz of treatment which includes alopathy, homeopathy and ayurvedic. I have spent lotz of money for d same. Compared to my earlier days now my disease is moderate now. N I am happily living with this. But d real problem is now im 30 years n working in IT sector n not yet married. So family is putting lotz of pressure on me as it is already delayed. One of the girl agreed for my marriage n she knew that I have moderate psoriasis. But there family didn't agree n even she forced her family but didn't workout. After this incident I lost interest in myarriage..but another problem is I have younger bro n even his age is 29 n looking for a girl. Without my marriage his marriage will not proceed. I don't know what to do..really fed up of all these things. Eventhough I'm earning gud n I don't have peaceful life.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 2018 16.44 by Metarie1985
Beauty standard ignorer, unapologetic P sufferer for 10 years, determined to stay positive!

Hi Suraj! I'm sorry to hear your story, it must be very stressful to have the issue of your brothers marriage as well as the family pressure to get married yourself. We come from very different countries and cultures, so I don't understand exactly what it's like for you - but please don't think that because you have psoriasis that no one will want to marry you, or you will get married 'despite' the girl knowing you have this condition. You deserve love and happiness no matter what! And you will meet someone who adores you, no matter what your skin looks like. I wonder if you have the chance to travel with your job? Perhaps there are different cultures and communities that you could experience that would make you feel more comfortable with your condition? I hope you feel better soon - please don't let this condition change how you live your life or how you feel about yourself.

To take part, sign in or register with us