New to Dovobet Gel help?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 2018 21.24 by Suffering

Hi I’m new here, but been suffering for years with my scalp and tried cream after shampoo after ointment! But been prescribed Dovobet Gel! And wow after 3 applications over night the difference is amazing it’s almost clear and half my scalp was affected! My question is I’ve been told to use it for 4 weeks every night! Do I? What if I’m putting it on unaffected skin? Please advice Thanks

Posted Mon 23 Apr 2018 18.19 by OhNo_NotAgain?

It contains a steroid (betnovate) and it is advised to only apply to affected skin as far as possible, and do not use on face, behind ears or on genitals (at least not without consulting your doctor first). I used it for plaque psoriasis with largish patches and still use it on my elbows - it is quite wasy to apply only to the affected areas. But I now have guuttate psoriais over kosst of ky body with several hundred small "spots" - it is relatively impractical to apply only to the affected areas and not to the unaffected skin. I would suggest you stsart using it the best you can, but phone and ask your doctor about your concern as soon as you can.

To take part, sign in or register with us