**embarrassing flare up"

Posted Wed 25 Apr 2018 23.11 by Donna Staines
The itch in my scalp is incredible, just this last week the consultant prescribed anti-hystamines (first time in 3 years I've been offered s

Hi all My scalp is currently affected after a year symptom free without any medication. I use steroids when I have to but my ears are sore too. Worse,it's affected the genital area. I can't have UV treatment or Methotrexate, anyone brave enough to share if they've had this experience?. I'm wondering if olive oil is my only option,seems to help for a few hours......thanks (I don't scare easily, so if you want to share, please do)x

Posted Thu 26 Apr 2018 07.48 by JimB

Try Oilatum Plus and use it instead of soap. Also eumovate cream if it's bad

Posted Thu 26 Apr 2018 09.04 by shy_girl1988 (edited Thu 26 Apr 2018 09.20 by shy_girl1988)

Donna I really wish I could help. Psoriasis is very peculiar little thing. Comes & goes as it pleases. I had really bad patches on my stomach for years then most of it just vanished, still have some though. I have read online about tea tree treatment for the scalp. You can get ointment & shampoo/conditioner. I do a lot of googling when I'm quiet in work. I have also read that apple cider vinegar helps (diluted of course but not sure of the scalp) I have only had It on my scalp, legs, arms, stomach & back so I cant comment on intimate areas. Maybe try soaking in dead sea salt for that sort of thing, make sure you use luke warm water. Even every day now I turn my shower down so not to aggravate those evil scales. Or try olive oil added to the bath. I really hope you find a solution to ease the pain / stress. X Ps a few of us have started a fb page to try and support each other. We are sharing pics of our skin (trying to embrace it) motivate each other, share feelings/experiences etc https://m.facebook.com/groups/375000316315644

Posted Thu 26 Apr 2018 13.31 by Donna Staines
The itch in my scalp is incredible, just this last week the consultant prescribed anti-hystamines (first time in 3 years I've been offered s

Thank you both, yeah sometimes it's worse than others, only got diagnosed 5 years ago. But thinking back I had patches of alopecia as a teenager with I seem to think was related to an itchy scalp, so could have had it for years. Sadly the consultant signed me off last year as I was clear, but wish they wouldn't as by the very nature of the condition it comes and goes. Now I've had to start the whole process of getting a dr's appt, then wait for the referral, then check that I have the time off work! Anyway, consultant appt on the 9th May, so will try and manage until then. I'm sure working shifts doesn't help, but that's life. Wishing you all well, thanks.x

Posted Thu 26 Apr 2018 16.29 by shy_girl1988 (edited Thu 26 Apr 2018 16.37 by shy_girl1988)

Hope all goes well with your consultant Donna. Feel free to join our fb page, we are sharing pics & stories. Makes you realise you are most certainly not alone in this Someone else suggested coconut oil to myself also. I am thinking of trying that out. x

To take part, sign in or register with us