Psoriaisis under nails!!!!!!

Posted Fri 27 Apr 2018 13.58 by shy_girl1988

Hey Just a quick question Has anyone on here ever had psoriasis under their nails ???? If so are there any treatments available out there for it?? I have asked a few ppl already but I don't think anyone has actually tried anything. Just like myself (I just cover up with polish) Any tips would be appreciated.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2018 18.42 by alex458236

Hey I've had psoriasis for 4 years under my nails and as far as I know there is no remedy for nails specially. But, psoriasis isn't a skin condition and I believe it has to do with our guts. Watch these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjj5tStuiT4&t=25s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ts9wjCKrH8&t=539s I've been on that diet for 15 days now and see improvements already. I don't have itchy on my scalp and my nails don't hurt anymore.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2018 20.20 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 29 Apr 2018 20.39 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

@Shy_girl: There is more to this site than just the forum. If you look under the heading "psoriaisis and treatments" in the bar across the page just below the logo, there are a whole range of topics covered. There are information sheets on each type of psoriasis including nail psoriasis, and the FAQs cover quite a few things that get raised in these forums. Good luck.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 2018 20.35 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 30 Apr 2018 10.29 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

@alex458236: I just watched the two youtube videos that you had linked in your post. In the first the "doctor" says that all illnesses and conditions can be cured with food and there is not need for pharmaceuticals . Dr Josh Axe describes himself as "a certified doctor of natural medicine, doctor of chiropractic and clinical nutritionist ". So, not a qualified medical doctor. But people can simply type his name into an internet search engine and read his claims for themselves.. Doctor Peter Kan, in the second link, describes himself on his t-shirt as "Chiropractic manager" and on his website as a "Certified Chiropractic Neurologist" - he is a chiropractor. Again, not a medically trained doctor. The letters after his name refer to to chiropractic awards, except for the letters FAAIM which is the acronym for "Foundation for Asian American Independent Media". But maybe these two men do indeed have the ability to cure psoriasis, perhaps if I buy enough of their books, DVDs and potions, maybe I would be cured. What do I know?

Posted Mon 30 Apr 2018 13.52 by shy_girl1988

Thanx guys I will certainly keep trying. It just seems a bit crazy that you can help the rest of the body but not the nails :( Yeah I understand that totally but I feel it is easier to ask people who have experienced it personally I suppose but I will have a look over the site. Thanx again

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 08.17 by OhNo_NotAgain?

@shy_girl: have you asked your GP or dermatologist about Haelan Tape? "It just seems a bit crazy that you can help the rest of the body but not the nails"

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 09.30 by shy_girl1988

No I haven't heard of it to be honest, will have a google just now.

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 11.45 by OhNo_NotAgain?

@shygirl: it is mentioned in the fact-sheet about Nail Psoriasis that is available on THIS site. I had never heard of it before I read the information on here. There is a lot more on this site than just the forums and some of the information in the forums is not correct.

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 14.01 by shy_girl1988

Yeah I have had a look around the site. To be honest my psoriasis is under control mostly so I didn't really go through everything in great depth. Like I said I do prefer to ask people with first hand experience (obviously my GP also) Thanx again

To take part, sign in or register with us